The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are bottlefeeding twin bucklings and triplet doelings right now that were born March 29th & April 3rd. They're all-white, except one who's a light cream color. The boys are 3/4 Saanen and 1/4 Alpine. The girls are 5/8 Saanen, 1/4 Nubian, and 1/8 Alpine. I plan on disbudding all of them and banding the bucklings, unless someone asks otherwise. They come from a CAE negative herd. Asking for $20 for the boys and $60 for the girls. We'll wean them at 8 weeks old so they'll be ready to go March 26th & 29th.

We also have an all-white 3/4 Saanen & 1/4 Alpine buckling from May 2007 who was a bottle-baby and has been disbudded, $45.
And an all-white 5/8 Saanen, 1/4 Nubian, 1/8 Alpine doeling from May 2007 who was also a bottle-baby and disbudded, $60.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I put the add on craigslist too and already have an offer for the boys. A guy wants to come look at them and would just be using them for eating brush.

Why are you selling them so cheap?
Simply because I didn't realize it was cheap. I've been trying to watch adds in the paper and on craigslist and it seems the prices are everywhere. I just thought it was better to sell them a little cheaper than buying hay and what not later on. What do you usually sell yours for? Ours aren't registered and haven't been given any shots or anything.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
my unregistereds I sell for :

pygmy/Nigerian X -

60 for doeling
55 for buckling
50 for wether

The pure nigerians that are unregistered will be a tad more.

If they are bottle raised I ask for 25 more, but I send them home with a gallon of mix, the recipe, and the bottle.

My herd is CAE negative and I give them a copy of everything that I have done with them, and a copy of the dam and sire negative results.

I have not had anyone squack about the price yet and I actually had all my spring kids sold either before birth or within 48 hours. I was lucky that round, we will see how this round goes. I also sold them up into Montana and as far as 6 hours away from here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts