Dairy Goat Kids- northern Idaho

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by NightHawk, Apr 28, 2008.

1. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    We are bottlefeeding twin bucklings and triplet doelings right now that were born March 29th & April 3rd. They're all-white, except one who's a light cream color. The boys are 3/4 Saanen and 1/4 Alpine. The girls are 5/8 Saanen, 1/4 Nubian, and 1/8 Alpine. I plan on disbudding all of them and banding the bucklings, unless someone asks otherwise. They come from a CAE negative herd. Asking for $20 for the boys and $60 for the girls. We'll wean them at 8 weeks old so they'll be ready to go March 26th & 29th.
    [​IMG]

We also have an all-white 3/4 Saanen & 1/4 Alpine buckling from May 2007 who was a bottle-baby and has been disbudded, $45.
    And an all-white 5/8 Saanen, 1/4 Nubian, 1/8 Alpine doeling from May 2007 who was also a bottle-baby and disbudded, $60.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You sure have some lookers there! :thumb:

Why are you selling them so cheap? Just out of curiosity. Have you put them on Craigslist in the area? I know up here on the Spokane/CDA list they tend to sell pretty quickly.... just a thought~

Allison

3. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Yeah, I put the add on craigslist too and already have an offer for the boys. A guy wants to come look at them and would just be using them for eating brush.

Simply because I didn't realize it was cheap. I've been trying to watch adds in the paper and on craigslist and it seems the prices are everywhere. I just thought it was better to sell them a little cheaper than buying hay and what not later on. What do you usually sell yours for? Ours aren't registered and haven't been given any shots or anything.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    my unregistereds I sell for :

pygmy/Nigerian X -

60 for doeling
    55 for buckling
    50 for wether

The pure nigerians that are unregistered will be a tad more.

If they are bottle raised I ask for 25 more, but I send them home with a gallon of mix, the recipe, and the bottle.

My herd is CAE negative and I give them a copy of everything that I have done with them, and a copy of the dam and sire negative results.

I have not had anyone squack about the price yet and I actually had all my spring kids sold either before birth or within 48 hours. I was lucky that round, we will see how this round goes. I also sold them up into Montana and as far as 6 hours away from here!