The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a dairy goat due to kid soon.. her due date i guess would be from the 1st-12th. She was in with the buck then. since she been in kid her vag has been quiet big.. and sticks out. now in the last week its huge and sticks out alot. shes got a nice little udder im guessin it will grow more after kid/kids are here. shes a ff. the last day shes got so lazy.. and quiet.. her tail has dropped to..
with my oTher does there vag has never stuck out that far.. anyone have that with their goats?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Re: Dairy goat due to kid soon??

Oh yeah, I actually had a ff kid the other day that had this puffiness back there for about a month before she kidded. It stuck out quite a bit. She's the only one i've had that puffed out so much, but it didn't cause any problems or anything, it's normal from what I know... She kidded pretty easily with a healthy baby girl a week ago.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Oh, yes that has happened with at least one of our does. It kind of freaked me out (and my mom) because it looked like she would kid any SECOND! I must say it was at least an inch & a half long, very round, and she would push like she was kidding kind of but not the real thing, really weird, but that's just how she is. I'm trying to think of a comparison, it was bigger than a half dollar coin, although not as "round". (not sure if that made sense)
She kidded fine as a ff and 2nd ff - she's a pygmy (awesome kidder!) We'll be breeding her for spring kids and I want to take a pic of that. Oh, her "pooch" would look like this about 3-4 weeks before kidding, gradually getting bigger too.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

that is called a vaginal prolaps and as long as it goes back in she is in no danger but if it doesnt then you will need a vet more then likely.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i dont think it is vaginal prolaps. its not that bad. it just sticks out.. and shes been happy with it like that. i think its just her. its just puffy. it was puffy when she was only a couple of weeks preggo.. now its just bigger.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

I agree, if she's protruded out far and goes back to normal after standing up, then it's highly likely that there are multiple kids in there! The further along she gets the farther she'll stick out due to the size of the kids. :greengrin:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Dairy goat -UPDATE!

Well i went down there before and she was laying around she got up because i had scraps.. her udder has grown alot.. shes got a lot of clear/yellow discharge and im sure shes contracting.. knowing my luck shes playing mind games with me and wont kid 4 another few days. her ligs seem mushy.. from what i can feel..i can pretty much touch both fingers aroung her tail..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went down there again before and she had a buck :boy: and a doe.. :girl: very cute.. the doe is only tiny.. but she seems strong.. the mother rejected her at first.. so i cleared some of the gunk off her and in the end she started to lick her and let her feed.. im glad she had them with no trouble.. but i wish she waited 10mins..

im glad i got a buck and doe.. the only problem with more then one kid.. it makes it harder for the mother..plus they are so small to a single kid. i was hoping twins but. the buck head is cream like the colour of the mother.. and the doe has a dark head like our big buck (boer)

thanks all.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
congratulations on the kids!

I am confused by your post --- I always love twins as it is easier for mom to deliver as they are smaller and she has two teats so taking care of them is no biggy -- it is triplets and quads you dont want!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Congrats on the healthy twins!!!! :girl: :boy: I prefer twins to a single myself, twins aren't too small and they aren't huge like singles. I'm sure your little doe will thrive just make sure mom does continue to care for her. Congrats!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts