The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I would like to obtain a dairy license to be able to sell raw milk and cheese, cream, milk kefir, ect. I have looked all over the internet but can't seem to find the requirements or a fill out form. @Goats Rock

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Hi all,
I would like to obtain a dairy license to be able to sell raw milk and cheese, cream, milk kefir, ect. I have looked all over the internet but can't seem to find the requirements or a fill out form. @Goats Rock

Thanks,
Nathan
Try calling the health dept for your state. Or local dairies may can help get you to the right place as well.

·
8,177 Posts
Yep, get ahold of your state agricultural office. In Ohio, you cannot sell raw milk for human consumption, any raw milk sales have to go to a licensed creamery that makes pasteurized cheese or sells pasteurized milk. Raw milk cheese has to be aged 6 months.

Really strict on selling milk in Ohio. There are people that sell raw milk through "herd shares" or for pet use, but the liability is too steep for me. If someone were to get sick, they could sue and I would lose everything. My liability insurance is only for the shipment of milk not for illegal sales!

You can sell soap, creams etc, even fudge. (It's cooked). But raw here is risky.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Goat milk is a natural medicine. By consuming healthy food, people will get less sick. Yes, for this you will be ruined, the pharmaceutical industry.

I have heard that many Americans do not have the right to grow vegetables for food. But people have found a way out, planting tomatoes and other vegetables in pots as ornamental plants.

There will be at least one way out of all the hopeless situations.

Interesting video, though in French.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Very interesting video. As we can see, it takes a lot of work to make a living or income with goats. Beautiful scenery and life there looks simple but rewarded. Thanks for posting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts