Daisie Mea popped! pics page 5

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Sep 14, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So today we did blood draws on everyone before vaccinating, and I was teaching someone how to draw. Well, they asked about hooves, and daisie is the easiest to work with so I grabbed her and when I spun her around, I noticed she has a bit of discharge going, and ligs are way low compared to this morning.

This is my last prego girl of the season - and I can't wait. It has been a long year with many ups and downs, and I really need the break so that I can regroup.

Wish me luck! (I really hope she waits till tommorrow - I dont want to be up all night with her!) I could tell last night either she has 1 REALLY big kid or twins this time. I could feel the hardness of a kid on both sides of the budda belly without really even pushing!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Daisie Mea, the last pego about to pop

good luck to you...... :sun: It sounds like she is really close,,,,,,, :thumbup:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: Daisie Mea, the last pego about to pop

Sending good thoughts for a quick and easy delivery...TOMORROW! I bet you'll get gorgeous twin girls!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Daisie Mea, the last pego about to pop - pics added!

Here are some pics that I took of Daisie a few hours ago - no more goo coming out - so we will see - ligs are a little there still - but not much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Wow she is sunken around the tail! Looks like she is ready to go soon. Good Luck. :thumb:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Well, I just went out to check her before bed. She has a little bit of ligs left, no discharge, but I gave her a BoSe injection just in case.

So this girl was a FF in March of this year. This pregnancy was an accident.

I put her in the milk stand to give her some grain - and I am 100% confident that there is at least twins - but I am thinking there is a possibility of trips. Her poor belly looked like an alien was going to come flying out. There is a hard mass and I can feel bone on her left back side of her spine by her hip bones. One hard mass on her right side 3/4 of the way down, and it really felt like another hard mass infront of the udder and to her left a little. I am not for sure though - but I would not be surprised. They were definately fighting for room tonight. I have never felt that much moving around in any of my goats before. It was the coolest thing. I sat there for about 15 minutes just feeling softly and laying my hands on her sides while she ate!

Will let you know more in the morning!

Allison

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well Allison how is she doing today? Any babies?

OK did I read that correct that she delivered in March? So did she get bred right after she delivered? She looks great. :clap:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

This morning she is just as happy as could be - still pregnant. Booger that she is! LOL! She tried to run to food this morning, but this poor old girl just can't anymore.

This is my girl that I got September of last year. She was severly overweight, hooves were aweful, and she was a bully. She had horns and within hours of getting to my place, was getting stuck in the fencing and being beat up.....So I sent her to a friends to have her horns banded and she would come home when she quit trying to put her head in the fence. Well, she got bred there. She had a single buckling (Semper) on March 6th. He passed away about 3-4 weeks later - we think he had a heart condition, as his heart rate never went down after disbudding and he passed a week after. Not for certain though.

So then my buck broke the fence, jumped down 8 feet and bred everything he possibly could. He was one that if a girl was not in heat, they would be within an hour with him - he was amazing in that respect.... well he obviously got her - darn it. She was not in a "state" that I wanted her bred.... she lost alot of weight with her first kidding and was starting to put some back on. So I have been watching her closely. Giving her extra snacks and grain. She really is a sweet girl.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

She reminds me of Flicka. Her coloring and build are very simular

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Wow she is looking big,,,very sunken too!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

funny thing is is that she has looked that way for some time! I really thought that she was going to deliver in August the way she was looking - LOL! At least I know that the babies are ok after last nights experience!

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

So it looks like the banding of her horns was successful. Did it take a long time? I was wondering about how effective that was. I have a buck with scurs, I was thinking maybe I'd band them, but I'm such a coward!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Banding worked - I didn't like it at all - but make sure if you band that you have a disbudding iron on hand. If they break them off (as she did) before they are reay, they bleed terribly.

As much as I hate banding, I did band my Boer does' horns on Friday. They were becoming so mean with the other goats, that it was that or they were leaving. I found a hole on my older nubian and have seen them pitching the kids (almost lost one last spring from her doing that. He had a mouth full of grain and got the wind knocked out of him. Thank god I was there). So, we are going to nip this one!

It will take about 4-8 weeks to complete the process, but it will be better in the long run.

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she does look close,,,,, :greengrin:

15. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

For banding the horns can you just use a castrating band or is there a special kind you need to get. I would really like to try that on one of our goats, but not sure if it's worth doing if something goes wrong.

16. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I think the bands are the same but I'm noy sure.

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

yes, I use the elasticator bands. I put two bands on and on the bigger horns, I use a dremmel with a cut blade and cut a nitch in the horn as far down as it can to hold the bands in place. Also, I change the bands once a week so that they do not get to loose either.

It really is easy, especially if you have a milk stand!

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Allison, Daisy Mae looks like my Bootsie! Only Bootsie has a longer neck...it's the nigi in her.

She does look ready to go soon, Praying for a healthy delivery.

The only 2 here that are hornless are the 2 reg. nigi's...and the horned ones do ok with them, they are very nice with the babies too. :greengrin:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

oh my boer girls are just mean!! Especially the older momma, boots. She scoops the babies up in her horns and pitches them. or tries to stab everyone.

I am sure hoping she kids. I have a lady coming up to look at my nigerian and I would rather sell her one of Daisie's kids :)

Allison

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Nothing much to report tonight. Her tummy looked like a circus tent with her spine up top and the tarp coming out to a flat round circle. It was weird. I put her on the milk stand to give her some grain and check her, and ligs are just barely there, but can still feel them, and could feel at least 2 distinct kids in there. She ate real well and off to eat hay.

Let you know in the morning of any changes.