The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent her to a friends to be bred in October and we picked her up in January . No one had a date so we have been waiting forever it seems. But she finally had twins on June 11th; a doe and a buck ; unfortunately we lost the doe. The buck had very weak legs so gave him 1cc of Bo-Se and today he is walking around great. Just had a question about his eyes ...it seems he is having a hard time opening them..what could be causing that?

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
He's a pretty boy for sure, congrats & sorry about the doeling.
You can put human eye drops in his eyes for a few days. If they are matted or runny follow it up with a few drops Pen G or Biomycin right in the eye, without needles of course. Do this until they are clear and continue for another day or two.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
One thing that cleared it up like no other, I have a boer doeling that had a gooey, runny crusty eye for about a week (2 days after she was born it was like that), it got cloudy, grey and pink over the eyeball, She couldn't see at all out of it. I was waiting for my ointment to get here, had no LA-200. But what I did have was Tylan 200. I squirt about 3/4 of a cc in her eye, and about 1 cc in her mouth. It was expired and I had a HUGE bottle still left. Her eye was bright and clear by the next morning!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet told me I could use Vetericyn; at TSC . So far working good he is up, jumping around and trying to climb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts