The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest, Daisy is my favourite of all of my pets, but she is a drama queen. So of course she has thrown me for a loop. Last year she produced a large and healthy buck kid. I am not sure if she is even pregnant this year.

I saw signs of breeding in both does (including grossness under the tail) a week after the buck arrived, but then about a month after, I suspect that he bred Daisy again.

About 3 weeks ago (6 weeks from her projected due date), she was showing signs of ketosis (wobbly on her feet, off of food and water) so the vet had me give her propylene glycol which seemed to work quickly. I have tried to feel for kids, but I can't feel anything distinguishable as a kid yet. Her sister, Lily, started bagging up more than a month ago and delivered a tiny doeling yesterday. Daisy, is not as big, has shown no signs of bagging up, but the episode of ketosis has me wondering.

And then the old farmers around here all like to stop by and try to guess if she is pregnant or not. They love to tell me that sometimes goats and cows don't bag up until the kid arrives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I will take some photos when I go to the barn this afternoon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts