Daisy kidded - few days early - pics!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Jan 19, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The time is coming for little daisy to deliver her little bundles of joy that I have been waiting for for so long. She will be due in 9 days (that will be day 150)

I went out to check on her just a few minutes ago, as the snow has started again. I checked her cha-cha and it is still "pushed out" like there is a tennis ball in there, but the actual vaginal opening is sealed and it is not puffy around these edges - is this normal?

I am so excited!!

Talk to you soon
    Allison

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Mine who are due 1-28 are really swollen and puckered looking for lack of a better description. The ligaments are really going. Contredanse I feel still, but her udder is bigger today. Not as big as it will be I think when she's ready. Potsie has extremely low ligaments. So I'm excited too!!! Nervous due to all this snow and cold!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Good luck to both of you! I bet you are excited!! I can't wait to see what they all have!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Binky is looking the same, like a tennis ball under her tail and she's had some discharge, udder hasn't changed and her ligs are softer, 150 on the 28th also.Bootsie is due in a month and has the same puffiness going on Tilly will go after Boots by 2 weeks and is not nearly as puffy. Angel is swollen but not pooched out.

HAPPY, HEALTHY, KIDS AND MOMS FOR US ALL!!!! :)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sounds like there are a few of us in "competition" on who will have the babies first! I love it.

I will have these, and then about a month or little more, I will have another set of twins popping out.

I am just excited, as hopefully I will have my blue eyed in 3 weeks also!! Sara has her doe due I think the first week or so in February, and I have reserved one from her.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    8 day check in -

Daisy's udder has almost doubled since last night. She is REALLY sunken in around the base of her tail. She really is lovey today also. I call her name and she comes "waddling" over.

Her cha-cha and her tail had an orangish tinge to it - what would that be from? No actually drippy discharge. I can feel the babies pushing down right in front of her udder, but no movement.

When she was "maaa" ing, her cha-cha opened and it looked kinda weird - I really don't know how to explain it. I did not see any contractions, and she was not talking until I went out there and saw her.

Is this all normal? I really haven't felt the babies moving around for about a week or so now. But she does tense her body when I hold her and starts calling real loud.

7. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    This is 8 days till 150, right? that would mean that she is at 142 right now. She could easily kid within 3 days.

I know I got you worked up before about her probably kidding and I feel bad about that :(. BUT if her udder has DOUBLED... she is super close. That is always a sure sign. I am guessing she will kid by Wednesday.
    And yep.. that is all perfectly normal :D. The really sunken in around her tail most likely means that she lost her ligs or is losing them so it could be even before when I am guessing.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am really hoping that she either kids today or tommorrow - or can hopefully wait till Wednesday. I REALLY have to go to class on Tuesday. My boss is so good though, and knows that I will not come in when she starts delivering - but I am scared she will go when I am at work and I am not here.

I am so parinoid!!

We just threw some fresh tree limbs into the pen - and she was going to town on them!!! I took some pics of her, but my batteries dies, so hopefully they came out ok - I will down load them and post!

Al

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hmmm....udder doubling and sunken tail. Looks like she'll be going "early" in her countdown. I got my calendar from the NDGA on Friday and it's a breeding calendar so it gives the due date on the breed date...any how they calculate the due dates at 148 days so maybe we'll both end up with babies this week!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ohhh I would so love that.

I am starting to get even more nervous then I was over the holiday's as I know that this time it is for real. I have even thought about bringing her in the house, but hubby said no way! Brat!

I tried to take a few pics of her udder, but they did not come out very well. I decided not to do a clip on her. She didn't have one last time and it is soooo cold here. I have the heat lights, and I figure I will take warm water out and wash her up and then take a blow dryer on low for her. I think she will tolorate that better, and again - hubby stopped me when I grabbed his beard trimmer - hahaha! Not quite sure why! LOL!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    pics

ok we will try to post these pics.

[​IMG]

Sorry bout the poo in this one - I was on the opposite side of the fence and she had her tail up :)

[​IMG]

Daddy cut some limbs off of trees today, and gave them to the goaties as a treat - and he says he doesn't care for the goats!!!

[​IMG]

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hee Heee! I happened to have clippers for my cocker, so hubbys beard trimmer is safe! I did Binky a few weeks ago when it was warm, not doing it again, even though she stood very well through it all! Never did a clip before, I always just smeared bag balm on their rears, the birth goo just slid off! I do however trim their tails along the sides as most of the gunk seems to accumulate there. I made a couple of "kid coats" just in case she delivers on 145 as the temps right now are not expected to get out of the teens for the next 3 days, of course hubby laughed at me because I was trying them on my puppy Katie, to make sure of the length. Hope everything goes well with Daisy as I'm sure it will. :)

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL Liz - I swear we are so much alike - it is funny!

Hubby doesn't know that I purchased that kid coats though - but everyone at work was laughing at me. I got 2 pink and 2 blue all in camo!!! It will be sooo cute.

And if I do have a little bucking for the lady that wants the bottle baby, the fabric kennel that I have for him is green camo!

It just got dark here, so I think I will check on her here in a bit, and then again before bed. Is it bad if they go at like 143???

I am supposed to take the kids to town tommorrow to the mall, and I really do not want to leave. I am so scared.

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, she looks a lot like Binky does in the rear, try not to worry too much. I know how hard it is not to. When my Tilly was a first freshener she went on day 144 with very healthy twin doelings...in very cold weather too! BTW, I love Daisy's spots! You will definately know when she's ready, as attentive as you are you won't miss the "signs".

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Our girls are due on the same day. So far mine are coming along just like yours. No babies yet either. I'm eager too but I don't seriously think mine will go before 145, doens't stop me from watching and waiting just in case.

Earliest I've had is 145, but as long as they're in the 140+ window they're safe. If borh on the early side, around 140 they may need some help though. So your kids should be just fine.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    But I am away for 12 hours a day at work - that is what scares me. And I live to far away to come home for lunch. AHHH what to do.

Nice thing - on Fridays - I only work a 3/4 day. But the others is what has me scared.

And what if I am not home when she does birth and a little boy is born and he nurses - everyone says not to let him nurse ----- I just wish I could take time off until the babies were born - LOL!

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OK - just had the "c(&(" scared out of me. Hubby is BBQing our dinner (yes he is the cook in the house) and he came in from checking the steaks and said that one of my goats just let out a god aweful scream.

I went running out of the loft to the main floor. He thought that I was insane that I was running around looking for shoes and a coat. He asked what the heck I was doing - and I said well I have a doe who is going to birth - DUH!!!

I went out to find that it was Daisy that was screaming. She is ok - but one of my wether's will not quit trying to mount her, so I pulled her into the kidding stall with her friend (and she was eager to go). I looked at the cha cha and it looks like even more change then earlier. She had some "goo" back there but not dripping..... so she is staying in the birthing pen from now on. I will let her out into the yard it she wants - but not in with the other goats.

Just thought that I would let you know.

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Sounds like she is definatly getting close! Do you have a baby monitor?

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    No, I don't. I thought about that, but it is a far ways from the barn to the house. I tried to talk hubby into the tv - and that did not go over so well ..... lol!

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, even though your barn is a "far ways" from the house, you may still benefit by just picking up a used on at a thrift store. My barn is only about 150 feet away and I got one for $5 7 years ago and it still works great. 5 bucks to see if it would work would be well worth it if indeed it will work. Less scrambling around for shoes and coat! :)