Daisy Mae Day 147 Robin has arrived. :)

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Idahodreamer, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

It was a LONG 80 days. ok. Very stressful. :slapfloor:

But since this kidding is really special to me and I am :pray: nothing goes wrong and I don't lose the baby, I decided to 'allow myself' to post a kidding thread approximently 59 days earlier than I had planned.
    So here she is, my very spoiled baby. I am thinking of getting some copper for her but I am one of those people who only go to town every other month of so. I'm a hill- :laugh: .
    Literally.
    She's a natural chubby doe. Going on four this year I think, and this will be her 2nd freshening. I'm thinking a single.
    Quick Q: She's losing the buck smell to her poll. :whatgoat: Last week it was really, really strong and this week you can barely smell it anymore. Is it possible she reabsorbed a baby?

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Daisy Mae Day 80

She looks to be a deep girl...at almost 3 months along, she still has time to fill out.
    I have FF this year on day 98 and she's just started to widen.

As far as the bucky poll...never did the sniffing myself, but I have seen my girls rubbing their heads on the boys just before and after breeding...the smell leaving your doe now could just be that the "rub off" is wearing off :shrug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she is very pretty... :love: :greengrin:

4. Idahodreamer

that makes sense liz. I am crossing my fingers for at least a doe kid to keep. :D
    Thanks Pam! :D She's convinced cameras are to eat so I do not have a single decent picture of her except for that one.Even having my brother in the pen as a distraction wouldn't get her mind of the camera! :ROFL:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

She's pretty. :love:

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your welcome.... :wink: :greengrin:

Our loving goats ..are tricky to get pics of..... I get alot of close nose shots .... :doh: an ear shot...a distorted face shot...ect. :help: ..LOL :laugh:

It takes thousands of pics sometimes... to get ...just that one..good one... :wink: :ROFL:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

What a pretty girl!

8. Re: Daisy Mae Day 80

She is a nice one! Can't wait for the pics of the kids.

9. Idahodreamer

Thankyou for the nice comments. :D .
    She has a tiny litter udder starting! :clap:

10. Idahodreamer

Re: Daisy Mae Day 93 :D

Day 96!
    is this the beginning of an udder or am I being delusional? :slapfloor:
    I've got 2 months to go and I am already :hair: .

Attached Files:

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Daisy Mae Day 96 :D

Aww...she is coming along really nice... :greengrin:

12. Idahodreamer

Re: Daisy Mae Day 102 :D

:) thanks Pam.
    **edit**
    Well, it's 12/27/10 today and she still does not look preggers, however she does reek of buck. :hair: wouldn't it be just like my miss daisy to have a buck in there?
    But still, I have 7 weeks to go right?
    Please :pray: just one little gold doeling. :pray: Heck, I'll take a buckskin! Just as long as it's a doe . . . . :GAAH:

13. Idahodreamer

Re: Daisy Mae Day 102 :D

Doo-Doo *yes, because she really is a big fat turd :p * Is on day 123 with ABSOLUTELY NO physical changes whatsoever except for a little more growth to her udder and that's it.
    I feel the baby kicking like crazy, so that the only way I know there is actually something in there!!!
    We are having severe financial issues right now and cannot purchase grain/alfalfa pellets or even dog food right now and we are slowly coming to the end of our supply . . . :( We're a baaaadddd situation so please pray for us!!!

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Daisy Mae Day 123 :D

Aww, Talitha....I hope that things start to look up for you very soon. Daisy looks good...as long as she's got minerals and decent hay she'll do fine til you can get the good stuff.

15. Idahodreamer

She's got lots of both . . . so hopefully nothing'll go wrong . . .

16. Idahodreamer

Daisy is on day 131 . . . she got a shave job a few weeks ago because she kept sucking in her gut everytime I tried to feel through her coat for her actual size**in fact everytime I so much as looked at her . . . she sucked it in**. . . and also she went through fat then skinny period that I was trying to decide if it was bloat or babies . . . it was bloat. . . .I fixed it . . .and the last and probably most realistic reason is I went a little insane for a few days trying to decide if she was fat or preggers..... ;) :slapfloor:
    It's a warm winter, and she has a heat lamp in the barn, so she doesn't know anything about the word COLD. :ROFL:
    I am thinking a single. :sigh:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you are to funny -poor Daisy Mae

18. Idahodreamer

Re: Daisy Mae Day 131 getting closer

You don't know how stupid I feel now. :slapfloor: I won't do it again. . . . no matter how badly that tummy is screaming, "Shave me!!" :ROFL:

What do you think she'll have? the baby was up under the ribs in that first pic --- and I'd go as far as to say it was the last few seconds of a baby bump. ;)

19. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

Talitha that is PRICELESS!!!! LOL Poor girl looks like she's wearing a belly shirt and shorts! :ROTFL: I'm guessing one or 2. :)

20. Idahodreamer

:laugh: