The Goat Spot Forum banner

Daisy waiting thread due January 27th

4K views 137 replies 15 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
My almost 2 year old, Daisy is due January 27th! Who wants to take a guess on how many she is going to have? She is a Nigerian/pygmy cross bred to my pygmy buck. She is a FF so I'm excited to watch her flourish into Momma Daisy 😍
Plant Tree Groundcover Grass Terrestrial animal

Carnivore Dog breed Plant Fawn Grass

Plant Trunk Wood Fawn Grass

Head Eye Smile Fence Plant

See less See more
#70 ·
It was pretty mild actually for end of January! Maybe high 30s low 40s? Slight drizzle and cloudly. It could It been worse. No one else is due till spring now! She was my only winter kidding. We do have some nasty weather coming. In the negatives in the next few days. I think they should be ok in the barn locked in.

#80 ·
The little brown headed one. I haven't seen nurse since its been born where the other one has multiple times. She has peed. So I know that much. But I'm worried she isn't nursing and going to get cold. I don't want to bottle feed, but I don't want to see something happen. So I'm heading out with a heating pad. And I'll stay there until I see her nurse.

#83 ·
She was the first born and nursed without me helping. I've seen her pee a few times. But haven't seen her nurse since this afternoon. So maybe I'm missing it. I'm going to keep and eye on her. She is up and moving about. Acting ok. So maybe I'm just worrying. She does look a tad sunk in compared to the other one. But I have seen it nurse alot.

#85 ·
I tried for an hr to get her to nurse. She snuggled in the heating pad with me for a bit. But I couldn't get her to nurse at all. She just looks a bit thin to me, doesn't have the fat belly like her sister. I'll keep watch on camera tonight, maybe I'll see her nursing. I do have pictures and videos. So I know 100% she did nurse on 2 separate occasions earlier. Maybe the other sister is just a pig. I don't know. Just one more thing to worry about. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

#88 ·
Was she born breech? anything unusual about the sack for example anyone poop before born? I wonder if she has a belly ache? Kind of like ecoli or if she was cold and nursed then it upset her belly? Who knows with these kids sometimes. If she will bump the udder, but not nurse, then I would do 2 things... 1 check to make sure she isn't constipated by giving an enema unless you've seen her pooping, and if there are normal little baby poops that come out and not dry/hard clumps, then I would give her Spectogard scour halt and suspect she might have some kind of belly ache/bacterial infection.
We have had both happen over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.