Daisy's body length + pics

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Idahodreamer, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

What do you think about Daisy's body length?
    She was standing on uneven ground in both pic, so her back and rear look really weird. *normally, she has a nice topline and an almost level rump.*
    I personally think she could be a tad longer---I just wanted someone to help me out here because I wasn't sure.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks good to me, if she was too short in the body she would look "boxy" and she certainly is not that :wink:

3. Idahodreamer

Thanks Liz. I see what you mean---- I think her short neck was throwing me off.
    I'm sending my bloodwork out on Monday, so hopefully, I'll be able to get my Nigie babies in March-April. :love:

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I think her length of body is okay- I think she would be a bit more balanced if her legs were a bit longer, and shes got heavy boned legs- so that just accentuates that they are a bit short

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    maybe its just my screen. but she looks incredibly long almost stretched out.

6. Idahodreamer

Actually, she just has alot of long thick hair on her legs as her legs are the only part of her that wasn't clipped this summer. She has actually very nice legs. I call 'em her special pair of bellbottoms. lol. :slapfloor:
    You know, I should get her measured again---a lady did it for me last year and said she was 20 inches---while I myself had previously measured her at 19.
    Thanks so much you guys. ;) I need to get back into my goatie conformation reading---I slacked off when I started selling my goats this spring. It feels so good---just thinking of getting back into breeding and raising!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she looks like ....she has length to me....she's a pretty doe....... :love: :greengrin:

8. Idahodreamer

here's a clearer view of her bellbottoms. :)

Attached Files: