Dakota's Twin Bucklings UPDATE 7/30 New Photos Post #9

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by firelight27, Jul 27, 2010.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Dakota kidded around 1 A.M. the 26th of July with twin bucklings. Both have blue eyes as far as I can tell. The black and white one is a little slow, but he walks and eats just fine.

Kid 1
    [​IMG]

Kid 2
    [​IMG]

2. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico
    Re: Dakota's Twin Bucklings

So freakin cute..... Love the markings. Congrats on the babies.

3. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico

They are super cute! Congrats!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Congrats they are adorable..... :thumb: :love:

5. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska

:clap:
    Nice markings!

6. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon

I love the first buck. His other side is just as white, and the only brown on this face is his little nose and circles around his eyes. Looks like he has a mask on, or a helmet. I really wanted a quality buckling from this girl, so I hope he matures nicely. I have a nice buckling from her sister, but preferred one from her. That and her sister's buckling is enormous and might grow above height standards. He is nearly as tall as my 6 month old buckling at only 2 months. I DID want a girl or two, but I'm definitely happy with this pair. I'll probably wether the black and white one. He has a floppy ear on one side. Its funny. He also has white "bracelets" on all four legs, which I think is adorable. My husband dubbed him "Gomer" after Gomer Pyle. I'm calling the first one Gizmo...like the cute little Mogwi in the Speilberg movie, Gremlins.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Soooo CUTE!!! She sure did give you some flashy boys! I hope they turn out to be what you expect.

8. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Very cute. :)

9. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon

I took some photos of the boys when they were a day old. So, here are their fluffy pictures! I will be turning them out in a grassy paddock with mom when they are a little more steady on their feet and will take some out in the sunlight.

Buckling 1 - Gizmo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I absolutely love Gizmo. His colors rock. His mom is amazingly level and ended up filling a gorgeous udder. He is still so young and goofy looking, we'll see how he looks in a month.

Buckling 2 - Gomer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy has an adorable little face. It looks just like his moms. I think I lucked out again with blue eyes that should stay blue on both of these boys. This guy's right front leg was really crooked though you can't see it in this picture. It turned under to the inside when viewed from the front, although he had no problem using it. Its completely straight as of today.

10. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I like Gomer a lot :)

11. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    They are both adorable but that gizmo sure is a flashy guy too bad i live in Southeast texas or I would snab him up.LOL

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Both are ADORABLE...I'm partial to B/W goaties and Gomer is a cutie but I think that Gizmo will end up the better of the 2 as far as build goes...flashy too.