The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Looking for thoughts on this dam/daughter pair. Dam is a FF yearling, the daughter was 3 months old when the pic was taken. I recognize the daughters rump is much steeper, but from what I’ve seen with this line they start out really steep and flatten out with a kidding or 2. Where did we improve? Where did we take away? Thanks!
Jeans Dog breed Plant Carnivore Working animal

FF Yearling dam - Milked out
Plant Dog breed Working animal Tree Fawn

FF Yearling dam - 2 weeks post kidding, not full
View attachment 213296
FF udder - dam
View attachment 213297
FF Udder - dam

Plant Tree Grass Fawn Grassland

Daughter - 3 months old
Window Neck Fawn Snout Wood

Daughter - 3 months old

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,139 Posts
Beautiful girls!!

None of the rear-view/udder pictures for the doe are working for me.

They are built very similar and the differences I see are really minor, but here's what I'm seeing.

Improvements:
Slightly longer rump
Front legs are placed a little more squarer under shoulders
Front pasterns might be a touch stronger
More brisket? Like I said, they have very similar builds so it's hard to tell, but I've also heard that brisket extension improves and can come with age
Stronger chine

Downgrades:
Steep rump, but sounds like that should level out more with age
Short ears

Overall, they are both very beautiful does!! I would love to see her udder if you can get those pictures to work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful girls!!

None of the rear-view/udder pictures for the doe are working for me.

They are built very similar and the differences I see are really minor, but here's what I'm seeing.

Improvements:
Slightly longer rump
Front legs are placed a little more squarer under shoulders
Front pasterns might be a touch stronger
More brisket? Like I said, they have very similar builds so it's hard to tell, but I've also heard that brisket extension improves and can come with age
Stronger chine

Downgrades:
Steep rump, but sounds like that should level out more with age
Short ears

Overall, they are both very beautiful does!! I would love to see her udder if you can get those pictures to work.
It’s so weird that those photos aren’t working! I will re-attach them here. She was also flaring her ears in the pic so I’ll add a pic of the doelings profile!

Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock

Dams rear udder

Working animal Boar Peccary Fawn Sculpture

Another view of dams udder

Working animal Liver Plant Grass Sorrel

Another pic of the doeling but when she was much younger :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Oh my goodness, those attachments are to die for!!! 😍 Really, the only things I'd "change" on her udder is a higher escutcheon and more capacity, she is an FF though, so most she will get likely more capacity in her coming freshenings. It does appear that her doeling's udder will be higher than hers is, so that would be another improvement. Her doeling does have longer ears in her baby picture, but it seems that they just stayed that size while her head and body got bigger. Pictures are and can be deceiving though. 😉😊

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my goodness, those attachments are to die for!!! Really, the only things I'd "change" on her udder is a higher escutcheon and more capacity, she is an FF though, so most she will get likely more capacity in her coming freshenings. It does appear that her doeling's udder will be higher than hers is, so that would be another improvement. Her doeling does have longer ears in her baby picture, but it seems that they just stayed that size while her head and body got bigger. Pictures are and can be deceiving though.
In the first pic of her kid, she is flaring her ours out cus she hates the collar the second pic I posted of the kid is really the only one I have of her where she isn’t being mad about the collar and doesn’t have her ears up. She really does have long, beautiful ears!
Eye Window Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal

Here’s another pic of dams udder, just cus I love it this was once she had been in milk for 6 months. I think for sure she could be higher, but her paternal sisters all seem to fresh with what looks like a lower attachment and then the next freshening it’s crazy high up there! This is one of her paternal sisters in my herd View attachment 213352
View attachment 213353

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my goodness, those attachments are to die for!!! Really, the only things I'd "change" on her udder is a higher escutcheon and more capacity, she is an FF though, so most she will get likely more capacity in her coming freshenings. It does appear that her doeling's udder will be higher than hers is, so that would be another improvement. Her doeling does have longer ears in her baby picture, but it seems that they just stayed that size while her head and body got bigger. Pictures are and can be deceiving though.
I don’t know why my pics didn’t work again! So here’s the paternal sister again
Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Window

Second freshening

Fawn Terrestrial animal Suidae Fur Event

1st freshening to 2nd

Plant Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Groundcover

Body pic

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
In the first pic of her kid, she is flaring her ours out cus she hates the collar
the second pic I posted of the kid is really the only one I have of her where she isn’t being mad about the collar and doesn’t have her ears up. She really does have long, beautiful ears!
Haha, I wonder why she doesn't want to show her long, lovely ears off? Doen't she know that they are very desirable for her breed?🤣😜

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm speechless...all your goats are pretty much too awesome for words. 🤩

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You are doing an amazing job breeding the and producing the only the best you can!! Do you happen to have a website and/or Facebook page? I love following breeders like you. 🥰

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are doing an amazing job breeding the and producing the only the best you can!! Do you happen to have a website and/or Facebook page? I love following breeders like you. 🥰
Thank you so much!! I do, it’s Midnight Milkers Nubians! ️ I feel like I have come really far from where I started 4 years ago, but I’m constantly looking for things to improve on. I’m not quite at the point where I can pick out the pros and cons of my does at a minute level, only the really obvious things. That’s why I find this forum so helpful!

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,050 Posts
What beautiful girls! I'm in love with the dam!😍 such a magnificent girl!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thank you so much!! I do, it’s Midnight Milkers Nubians! ️ I feel like I have come really far from where I started 4 years ago, but I’m constantly looking for things to improve on. I’m not quite at the point where I can pick out the pros and cons of my does at a minute level, only the really obvious things. That’s why I find this forum so helpful!
You are so welcome!! Love your farm/herd name!! I am now "following" you (I say "following" because I'm not actually on FB, so instead I bookmark my favorite FB pages)! I love all the darling photoshoots you do with your (goat) kids, I don't think they could be any cuter! Wow, you really have come far in just four years! I would have thought you have been breeding longer than that! I agree, I also find it harder for myself to judge my own goat's conformation, so getting multiple thoughts/opinions is beyond helpful! 🥰

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I don’t know why my pics didn’t work again! So here’s the paternal sister again View attachment 213354
Second freshening

View attachment 213355
1st freshening to 2nd

View attachment 213356
Body pic
I love seeing how much an udder can change in just one freshening!! This gives me a lot of hope for Nigerian Dwarf doe, Sugar. Sugar has fantastic attachments, but was lacking capacity in her first freshening. I really hopes she blossoms in her second freshening just like your doe did!

Here's Sugar's FF udder.
White Dog breed Carnivore Terrestrial animal Dog

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love seeing how much an udder can change in just one freshening!! This gives me a lot of hope for Nigerian Dwarf doe, Sugar. Sugar has fantastic attachments, but was lacking capacity in her first freshening. I really hopes she blossoms in her second freshening just like your doe did!

Here's Sugar's FF udder.
View attachment 213412
She looks incredible!! I’ll bet she will be even better with a second freshening. Her attachments are amazing these are all my udders, ranging from yearling to 3rd freshener. I find they get better with each freshening!
Photograph Vertebrate Light Organism Fawn

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
She looks incredible!! I’ll bet she will be even better with a second freshening. Her attachments are amazing
Thank you!! I hope she does!!
these are all my udders, ranging from yearling to 3rd freshener. I find they get better with each freshening!
Beautiful udders. I find correct udders are very satisficing to look at. 😍 Out of all the does you posted pictures, who's your favorite (udder-wise) and why?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts