The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was our nicest day since the previous weekend to get the mom's and babies out to play. They were all so happy. The babies were...everywhere lol. These babies are 2 to 2 1/2 weeks old.
I know I see random posts asking if people should bottle feed to make kids friendly. Well... here's your answer.... no.
Blueprint those kids from birth, spend time with them, and love them! We have 10 kids currently and they are all super sweet, and are all over us. Some of them you would think were bottle babies lol.

I gave my camera to my daughter so she could try to take some pictures, and well... that task was quite difficult lol! I'll have to share some of those pics later :)
Oh.... and then there is my husband guarding the hay feeder trying to keep babies out. We had so many laughs watching him trying to keep those babies out lol!!!
We use that in the regular doe pen, it was just something so the girls could have some hay. We have a feeder we need to fix and mount over in or near that run in shelter if we ever get dry weather to move the wood out and get to work on it!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I had meant to title it 'dam raised, human spoiled' lol!
OMGoodness, that little red doe that was constantly in my daughters lap is notorious! it was raining out so we let them play in the small barn aisle this afternoon. My daughter bent down and instantly she had a goat in her lap. She'd get up, do something, start to kneel back down and bam... right back in her lap lol. She absolutely loves my daughter, I love seeing how much they adore each other :)

@Robinsonfarm - they are so adorable! Cherish this age, and these fun memories!! That's a lot of goat kid he is carrying there!

This post made me think of this picture. It is one of my very favorites. My son and my daughter - they were so little! Playing with a couple of commercial bucklings and they all got worn out. It was so funny that the babies each decided to lay down on them!

My daughter is still like this with her babies. My son gets out there with them, but not like this. Although he has his moments!
This was a little over a week ago.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I had meant to title it 'dam raised, human spoiled' lol!
OMGoodness, that little red doe that was constantly in my daughters lap is notorious! it was raining out so we let them play in the small barn aisle this afternoon. My daughter bent down and instantly she had a goat in her lap. She'd get up, do something, start to kneel back down and bam... right back in her lap lol. She absolutely loves my daughter, I love seeing how much they adore each other :)

@Robinsonfarm - they are so adorable! Cherish this age, and these fun memories!! That's a lot of goat kid he is carrying there!

This post made me think of this picture. It is one of my very favorites. My son and my daughter - they were so little! Playing with a couple of commercial bucklings and they all got worn out. It was so funny that the babies each decided to lay down on them!

My daughter is still like this with her babies. My son gets out there with them, but not like this. Although he has his moments!
This was a little over a week ago.
That picture with your children...just perfect! Is anyone asks "why raise goats?" Id say just show them that picture, it about sums up eveything that's wonderful in raising goats.

·
Registered
449 Posts
This makes me desperate to get our kids outside! The weather here has been so wet that they're still in the barn. Hopefully this weekend

Then I'll have a video just like yours because we raise goats the same way and they are just as friendly (and obnoxious) as can be!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! :)

I wish I could have gotten video of them this morning, it was just so funny! I got everyone out and made them go to the front yard for a couple of hours early this morning before the rain set in so they could get exercise and babies could play. The does kept wanting to run back to the gate by the house, so I stood up there with my broom shooing them back up front (no mud vs. them wanting to stand in the mud UGH!).
The babies wanted to eat the broom, then I'd move it around, and they would chase it. At one point I had about 7 of them mobbed up chasing the broom in circles around me! Then the one little red doe that is always in my daughter's lap -- was butting the broom lol! I'd move the broom, she'd move forward and butt it, move broom, she'd butt it. Her brother (paint buck) started following it everywhere as I moved it around. I lifted it off the ground and he was walking on his hind legs trying to get it! They are a silly crew!

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
love it!!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We had a beautiful day today, mid 50s, DRY. Babies had a blast spending all day outside. They couldn't wait to get back inside to sleep, they were exhausted lol

My daughter and her paint buck kid, Skeeter. He and his sister fight over her lap frequently lol

The babies tried so hard to graze around me, but the cars passing kept scaring them lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts