The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to look at two new wetherlings yesterday who have been raised by their mama. I don't really think that's the issue since I've seen plenty of sweet friendly babies that were not bottle fed. I really liked these guys but they are nothing like my goats, I open the door and they come running and they are super friendly, almost too friendly. The ones I was looking at are 6 weeks old and had to be chased down so I could look at / examine them. I just wonder how much their temperament can be changed. They were okay once caught but they didn't stick around once they were free. My goats are first and foremost pets and second weed eaters so I want them to be lovey if not puppy like. Should I look elsewhere?
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Temperament can be changed easily and they are young. My 8 month old Boer doe has to be roped to catch her. In a week she is a lap goat. I went out there at least 3x a day with some treats.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like Scotty Horse said give it a week of you going out there they will be lap GOATS.
we get ours have him home a couple days give them a bath rub them down everywhere put them on the stand and rub them down and in the next couple days they are all up in your business.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay! Awesome :) I just read something somewhere about buying the goat for sale vs the goat you want him to be.... But maybe that was a dating article. I'm sure this advice would still apply. Lol :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts