The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New pictures of Dandi girl from today. :) Dandi is from Leaning Tree Boer goats and was almost given to us, in trade for helping our friends out at several shows.

We recently found out that Dandi now has 60 ABGA points! :cool: Maybe she'll be ennobled some day. :)

We will be AI her next year to GJT1 A1 Chicken On A Chain, so I am really hoping he'll straiten out their kids toplines, and make us some little beauties! :) A paint doe for sure... I hope!

Attachments

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Gag me.....AGAIN!

hahaha I am so just kidding! lol She is such a pretty girl! I think Her and Chicken Should cross well together.

So have you made one of those little count down flicker things yet so we can keep up with how many days until you AI her and she kids??? Hahaha

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Karen! We are sure hoping so! :)

Yea Amber. I'm really falling for that one! :D

Nope, not yet! I don't know how to make those things, and even if I did I haven't planned when to AI her yet! :D We'll probably AI her in June/July. :)

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Very nice.....I'd be pretty pumped up to about that pairing!!
^ I am SO excited about this pairing! I love Ruger lines, and this guy is a son of Ruger, a paint, has a tremendous show record...show winning kids, AND he has EXACTLY what I was looking for as far as good traits for pairing well with Dandi! Joshua, Chicken's breeder/owner is really helpful and friendly too so it has been nice conversing with him.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Pretty, pretty Dandi! I see an "Ima Dandi Chicken" on the horizon!

She is so cute. I love that butt. Look at her little white nose snip. Such a nice chest too. Stop it. Your goats are killing me. ;)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How pretty is she!?!?!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh I know, Dandi is the cutest goat we own! I just love her to pieces! And she is SOOO well behaved!! There is a local USBGA show on the 19th-20th, so I am really curious to see how she'll do there. :) I know non of the big breeders that are at the other ABGA shows will be there except 1 friend. I'm not sure if she's coming this year or not though.

^ Seriously??! Well, that makes me feel better! But her top irritates me every time I look at it. The judges never say a word about it, but I still don't think it's great. That's good you don't think it's bad though Regan!

·
RAINBOW RANCH BOER GOATS
3 Posts
New pictures of Dandi girl from today. :) Dandi is from Leaning Tree Boer goats and was almost given to us, in trade for helping our friends out at several shows.

We recently found out that Dandi now has 60 ABGA points! :cool: Maybe she'll be ennobled some day. :)

We will be AI her next year to GJT1 A1 Chicken On A Chain, so I am really hoping he'll straiten out their kids toplines, and make us some little beauties! :) A paint doe for sure... I hope!
beautifull !!!

·
Super Moderator
83,191 Posts
I do see what you mean on her topline, however, she is quite young and still growing, could be too, she will be fine when mature.
I don't like to judge topline to much, when they are indeed young. I have some, that have a big growing spurt, and look so odd, then, will straightened out.

But I do have to say, Dandi is a Dandy.;)

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Pam. :)

I definitely hope we see some improvement on her topline, and do think it has improved already since we got her about a month ago. So I'm hoping you're right!

Like I said, it sure isn't an issue to the judges in the ring! So I guess they know something I don't. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I think her top line isn't half bad!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts