Dandy and blues kidding thread! dandy kidded 3-1

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Jan 28, 2011.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I[*]Im getting excited babies due in about a month. Not very good pics but here is the ones to start. Dandy's 150 day in March 3, 2011. She had twins last year as a FF and I think that is what she will have again this year.
    [​IMG]
    Here is blue she is due very same day. She had a single as a FF last year. Im thinking she is going to have the same thing this year. She doesnt look no bigger than she did last year. Just maybe a little deeper, so I guess there could be two in there.
    [​IMG]
    Will post more pics when I give them there birthing haircuts.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread!

Looking good Joanie :)

3. jodief100

jodief100 New Member

Jan 15, 2011

Good Luck and Happy Kidding!

4. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA

Cute baby tummies! Best of luck and I hope for does~

5. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping for does to.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Can't wait to meet your babies!

Blue could very well surprise you with twins, she's not wide but those long bodies can hide kids well :wink:

7. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Thanks Liz, I felt baby/babies on dandy the other day. I ran my hand down and under her belly towards her udder and felt them kick. It was cool and excited me. She is looking very relaxed in the back end and has a way to go. She went on her 143rd day last year so maybe around that time again we will see. That would be Feb. 24. But Im fine waiting till the 3rd of March if its warmer.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Feeling baby kicks is amazing isn't it? I hope it's gonna warm up a little soon...even waiting in the barn for babies when it's 35* is better than waiting when it's in the teens!

9. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Day 133

Update on Dandy and blue. They are both on day 133 today. They are getting close and Im getting nervous, but excited. Cant wait to see what I get. So here is Dandy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is blue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Update pic 2-14 day 133

I say twins from both...maybe triplets from Dandy!

11. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Update pic 2-18 day 136-

Today is 136-137 here are pics from yesterday when I shaved her udder area a little bit to see what we have coming in. She is a very jumpy doe on the stand. She is standing like she is scared to death. Im hoping I can get her milking this year but not sure how that is going to go. Here is Dandy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry pics not all that great, she wouldnt hold still and I was trying to move around so they didnt turn out well. Couldnt clip blue she wouldnt get on the stand and I cant pick her up. But she has got bigger and her udder is filling in. Not to much longer to go cant wait for babies.

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Update pic 2-18 day 136-

Lookin good :thumbup: I hope she has :kidred: :kidred: in there for you...unless of course you'd rather have a :kidblue:

13. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Update pic 2-24 day 143

Update today is 143 for Dandy and blue. Dandy delivered on 143 last year. She is being kinda vocal today, but she doesnt look like her babies have dropped and udder still looks like it needs to fill some. But last year I didnt even know she was in labor till she layed down and started pushing. But her ligs are really low. Her tail is hanging in the form of an upside down J.

Blue looks to have filled her udder some, I cant feel her ligs at all. I did notice some white discharge and do believe this to be her plug. So we will be on baby watch tonight. Hoping for alot of :kidred: :kidred: .

Im really nervous this year for some reason, I guess I have read so many horror stories this year. Wish me luck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Dandy and blues kidding thread! Updated 2-24 day 143

Well Dandy looks to need to fill a bit more if she is going to have a large little like she looks big enough for

Blue is part Nubian or purebred? I can't remember

Hope you get your girls and they kid fine for you. Call me if you need any help even if its moral support
    PM me if you don't have my number. I'm sure they will be fine though :)

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Dandy has room to fill and I bet she will balloon up in one day! Healthy kidding vibes headed your way

16. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE

Sending hugs :hug: and positive vibes.

17. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Thanks so much everyone, Im needing all the positives throwed my way. I think im just scaring myself. Dandy does need to fill some more, and blue maybe to. I dont think blue will go till closer to 150 cause that is what she did last year 149. Stacey she is part nubian/boer and her babies will be nubian/boer/nigerian cross. They will be cute cause he was so adorable last year. Stacey I will be pming you for your number, sometimes it good to know someone is there to just talk to. Thanks

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Sounds like a cute cross fir Blues kids :) PMed you back

19. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE

I'll be driving through the area Sat./Sun. so if you think you would want us to swing by let me know. I've only been through one kidding season but I'm a pretty calm person under pressure and can be supportive.

20. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Im not sure when they will kid but hey if you want to stop by, you are more then welcome to. Love to meet goat people. Im hoping things will be great. I just wish I could have got my new barn completed but that didnt happen. So we are kidding out in the old barn and it is small. But should be done by the next babies in March hopefully. lol