The Goat Spot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Looks really nice all things considered! That circle is probably there to stay, but it might become less noticeable as it ages. I love the smell of oatmeal soap.

I am dying to make soap, but I just don't have any time with all my kidding preparation! Hearing about your soap making adventures is helping to tide me over though. Are you going to make any more batches in the near future? I see some available space on that drying rack. 馃槣

Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looks really nice all things considered! That circle is probably there to stay, but it might become less noticeable as it ages. I love the smell of oatmeal soap.

I am dying to make soap, but I just don't have any time with all my kidding preparation! Hearing about your soap making adventures is helping to tide me over though. Are you going to make any more batches in the near future? I see some available space on that drying rack. 馃槣
You still have time to make soap! If you wait until your does kid, then you really won't have time! 馃構 I'm glad this thread is helping to hold you over until you are able to make more soap of your own. I'm not quite sure when I'll make my next batch, but I don't think it will be too long from now! I thought about just taking a step back and making a plain, old "naked" batch, since not too much can go wrong with that. But I will say, I am very determined to make a pretty, un-cracked oat and honey batch, so who knows what I'll make next! Yep, I still have quite a bit of drying rack (aka closet shelve) space left! Gotta fill it all up! 馃榿

How many batches of soap have you made so far? What scents were/are they?
Looks like the crack was pretty shallow! Is the circle from the overheating as well?
Yes, it is. It only the top 1/4 inch or less. I can't imagine what it would have done if I didn't cool it down!! The bottom was already starting to come out of the crack the way it was!! The circle is probably from it overheating as my other soaps didn't have one, but I'm not positive.

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
I am very determined to make a pretty, un-cracked oat and honey batch, so who knows what I'll make next!
Good for you! I always hate redoing things that I screw up right away. 馃槒

How many batches of soap have you made so far? What scents were/are they?
I've made five batches. My first one was unscented, second one was with South Pacific Waters FO (from wholesale supply plus), third one was Southern Peach (from Bramble Berry), third was an autumn scent from Bramble berry that I can't think of at the moment, and the last one was Apple Garland from Wholesale supply plus. I have a few bars left from each batch and they all of their scents have lasted very nicely. If you've forgotten I did have a soap thread of my own if you'd like to recall what my soaps look like. 馃槈 My First Soap! All of them are there except for one I believe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just got done cutting my fourth batch of soap! This time I added cinnamon and oats to it. This honestly might be my favorite batch that I've made so far! It smells sooooo good - like a snickerdoodle cookie!! 馃崻馃榾
Purple Wood Rectangle Violet Magenta

Food Rice noodles Ingredient Staple food Recipe

Food Ingredient Cake Recipe Baked goods

Food Ingredient Staple food Recipe Wood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
That's beautiful! I love the swirly top.
Thank you!
How long is your mold? I've been watching some of the Blue Cactus Dairy Goat videos and her molds are huge. Is that a regular size or are yours mini?
My mold is 11 inches long. I've seen molds that are 6, 8 and 10 inches long and then Crystal's really long molds!!
I love the textured top! So swirly!
Thanks, Mellon!! I'll give the credit to my "fancy" toothpick. Couldn't have done it without 'em! 馃榿馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I made another half batch of Lavender soap last week! This time, I only colored half of the soap with "lavender" mica powder to get some swirls!
Rectangle Wood Packing materials Table Floor

Table Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor

Rectangle Wood Magenta Table Linens

Food Cuisine Dish Staple food Wood

Brown Wood Rectangle Wood stain Landscape

Also, all of the other soaps I've made are done curing! So far, I don't have any complaints about them and neither does my family. 馃榾

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Very beautiful! I love what you did with the top. That bar in the front right of the curing rack looks like it has an elephant on it.馃構馃悩

I still haven't gotten to make soap. 馃檨 I must find some time somehow!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Nice! Was the triangle shape purposely done or did it just work out that way? I like it!
Thanks. I'm assuming your talking about the top....yes, that's was done purposely. I was trying to do what Crystal does to some of her soaps with a spoon....I definitely have some room for improvement with that part...dad said it looked like a dinosaurs' back. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Very beautiful! I love what you did with the top. That bar in the front right of the curing rack looks like it has an elephant on it.馃構馃悩

I still haven't gotten to make soap. 馃檨 I must find some time somehow!
Thank you! Your right, it does lol! Each bar is so unique that it doesn't seem like they all came from the same loaf!

Yes you must! I always enjoy seeing your soap. I can imagine you have to be pretty busy with all your adorable kids though. 馃槉

Registered
Kinder Goats
Thanks. I'm assuming your talking about the top....yes, that's was done purposely. I was trying to do what Crystal does to some of her soaps with a spoon....I definitely have some room for improvement with that part...dad said it looked like a dinosaurs' back. 馃槀
It does but I don't think that's a bad thing!

61 - 80 of 112 Posts