The Goat Spot Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Yes you must! I always enjoy seeing your soap. I can imagine you have to be pretty busy with all your adorable kids though. 馃槉
All I can say is make as much soap as you can before your does kid! 馃槣

Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Finally got around to making some more soap yesterday and today! Lavender is a huge favorite with my family and friends and I made two more full loaves of it. I also tried adding some sodium lactate to both batches to see if I could get my bars a little firmer and longer lasting. Curious to see if we'll be able to notice a difference or not.

Here's yesterday's batch (I'll cut and show you the batch I made today tomorrow):
Furniture Table Wood Rectangle Flooring

Wood Rectangle Toy block Natural material Font

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Very, very beautiful! Is that an in the pot swirl plus a hanger swirl I'm seeing? Let me know how you like the sodium lactate, I felt like when I added it to my batches it didn't make much difference, but I know some people swear by it.

Registered
Finally got around to making some more soap yesterday and today! Lavender is a huge favorite with my family and friends and I made two more full loaves of it. I also tried adding some sodium lactate to both batches to see if I could get my bars a little firmer and longer lasting. Curious to see if we'll be able to notice a difference or not.

Here's yesterday's batch (I'll cut and show you the batch I made today tomorrow):
View attachment 230517
View attachment 230518
Gorgeous! I love the colors! 馃挆

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Thanks, everyone!! I'm pretty happy with how swirly it turned out! 馃槂

Is that an in the pot swirl plus a hanger swirl I'm seeing? Let me know how you like the sodium lactate, I felt like when I added it to my batches it didn't make much difference, but I know some people swear by it.
I just poured about half of the uncolored soap into the mold and then "zig-zagged" half of the colored soap while pouring on top. I then did that again with the rest of the soap that was left. I don't have a real hanger swirl (yet) so I just used some wire instead for a little extra swirl. 馃檪 I'll be sure to keep you posted about the sodium lactate! How much per pound of oils did you use? My recipe uses a little under 2 1/2 pounds of oils and I only added 1tsp of sodium lactate as I read some people had trouble with the soap cracking from too much sodium lactate.

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
I just poured about half of the uncolored soap into the mold and then "zig-zagged" half of the colored soap while pouring on top. I then did that again with the rest of the soap that was left. I don't have a real hanger swirl (yet) so I just used some wire instead for a little extra swirl. 馃檪 I'll be sure to keep you posted about the sodium lactate! How much per pound of oils did you use? My recipe uses a little under 2 1/2 pounds of oils and I only added 1tsp of sodium lactate as I read some people had trouble with the soap cracking from too much sodium lactate.
Ahh sounds like more of a drop swirl then. It sure is pretty! I don't have a real hanger tool either, I have a real hanger instead! 馃槃 I'll have to look at my notes to see how much sodium lactate I used. I too was afraid of overdoing it.

Premium Member
Great looking soap!
They say use one teaspoon of sodium lactate per pound of oils but I generally go with a little less. It also depends on the amount of hard oils you use. I accidentally once put too much in,(double) and wound up rebatching that batch of soap. Funnily though, it wound up being one of my favorites once it was rebatched. It was rustic looking but it was creamy and moisturizing鈥..a happy oops馃槈

edited for typos by autocorrect

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Thought I'd post some more soap pictures and updates. 馃槉

Another picture of the Lavender I made last month:
Rectangle Wood Gas Chair Tints and shades

Cinnamon and Oats (really love the soda ash on top of these bars):
Rectangle Wood Fence Cuisine Beige

Wood Rectangle Line Gas Tints and shades

Oats and Honey (it didn't overheat and crack this time 馃):
Food Rectangle Wood Ingredient Dish

Coffee scrub:
Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Dish

Food Ingredient Wood Cuisine Dish

Food Ingredient Wood Recipe Rectangle

And just today I got some rose clay and activated charcoal in the mail so I made a batch of rose clay with charcoal pencil lines! My first time ever trying out the pencil line technique and very excited to see how it turns out! (The color is a bit washed out in the pictures, it's more brighter and pinker in person. Although, I still probably could of used a little more rose clay...we'll see how it turns out after curing for a bit....)
Textile Rectangle Purple Wood Art

Food Ingredient Recipe Dish Cuisine

Purple Wood Violet Rectangle Material property

Also, I'm waiting on some peppermint and sweet orange essential oils so I can make charcoal peppermint bars and sweet orange bars. I'm pretty much addicted if you can't already tell. 馃構馃槃

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
How dare you post a picture of an uncut loaf! Now I have be tortured by the wait until you cut it too! 馃ぃ

All your soaps are sooo beautiful. I love all your elegant colors and designs.

Have you used any of your bars with sodium lactate yet? I'm still on the fence about whether it's really helpful to me or not.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts