The Goat Spot Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

Β·
Registered
488 Posts
Thought I'd post some more soap pictures and updates.

Another picture of the Lavender I made last month:
View attachment 232150

Cinnamon and Oats (really love the soda ash on top of these bars):
View attachment 232151
View attachment 232152

Oats and Honey (it didn't overheat and crack this time ):
View attachment 232153

Coffee scrub:
View attachment 232154
View attachment 232155
View attachment 232156

And just today I got some rose clay and activated charcoal in the mail so I made a batch of rose clay with charcoal pencil lines! My first time ever trying out the pencil line technique and very excited to see how it turns out! (The color is a bit washed out in the pictures, it's more brighter and pinker in person. Although, I still probably could of used a little more rose clay...we'll see how it turns out after curing for a bit....)
View attachment 232157
View attachment 232158
View attachment 232159

Also, I'm waiting on some peppermint and sweet orange essential oils so I can make charcoal peppermint bars and sweet orange bars. I'm pretty much addicted if you can't already tell.
I've been trying my hand at soap the last few months. I've been doing hot process, cold didn't work out for me. Love all your different soaps. Here's some of mine.
Flower Leaf Dishware Tableware Petal
Food Tableware Dishware Ingredient Recipe
Flower Food Tableware Textile Dishware
Food Ingredient Flower Recipe Cuisine
Flower Dishware Plant Petal Ingredient

Β·
Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Thank you so much, everyone!! πŸ’•
Do you have a favorite?
Hmmm, I haven't tried all of them out yet so I can't say right now.
How dare you post a picture of an uncut loaf! Now I have be tortured by the wait until you cut it too! 🀣
🀣 It sure is torture, isn't it?
Have you used any of your bars with sodium lactate yet? I'm still on the fence about whether it's really helpful to me or not.
No, I haven't. My lavender will be done curing in about a week. I'll be sure to let you know if we notice a difference of not.
I've been trying my hand at soap the last few months. I've been doing hot process, cold didn't work out for me. Love all your different soaps. Here's some of mine. View attachment 232175 View attachment 232176 View attachment 232177 View attachment 232178 View attachment 232179
How pretty! What problems did you have with cold process soap?

Β·
Registered
488 Posts
Thank you so much, everyone!!

Hmmm, I haven't tried all of them out yet so I can't say right now.

It sure is torture, isn't it?

No, I haven't. My lavender will be done curing in about a week. I'll be sure to let you know if we notice a difference of not.

How pretty! What problems did you have with cold process soap?
To soft one time then the second time it was so hard it crumbled. So I started doing hot and it worked great so I have just stayed with what works for me. I may try cold again tho.

Β·
Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I cut the rose clay charcoal loaf today!

(It still looks a little lighter/duller in these pics than it does in real-life πŸ™ƒ)
Sky Wood Body of water Outdoor furniture Chair

I also took some pictures of my other soaps in front of the new sign my brother made for me yesterday. 😊
Sky Wood Working animal Plain Landscape

Sky Bird Wood Landscape Aeolian landform

Sky Wood Art Landscape Working animal

Sky Wood Fawn Landscape Table

Sky Ecoregion Wood Fawn Landscape

101 - 112 of 112 Posts