Darn rain!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    It's done nothing but rain for three whole days!

:angry:

How am I supposed to play with my goats when it keeps raining? When I went out to feed, the stupid ants got all on my feet and ate me up, and Texas fire ants aren't something to play around with! :(

Sorry, I just felt the urge to shake my fist at the darn rain. We got five inches today alone. Poor goats are mad at me cause they've been stuck under their shelter and I haven't been out there like I usually am.

Also, does anyone play with their goats? Lately, Hope and I developed a game where I chase her around and she bucks and has a grand ole time, then she turns and chases me for a bit. At first I thought she was just crazy with all that leaping about and running around, but I soon figured out it was play! Uno will sometimes join in, but his idea of a good time is a whole body scratch and rub down with a good brush. Is it common for people to actually play with their goats, or do I have too much time on my hands? :greengrin:

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, we've been having some rain this week too, not as much as you though! And it dried out a bit today. We went from 104* last weekend to about 50-60 at night! It got cold!! My poor goaties were just clipped about a month ago and their fur is all "poofed" out trying to get warm. I need to put their heat lamp on.

Anyways, yes of course I play w/ my goats!!! Love to!! :D We have one who loves to butt your hand (she's only a pygmy so it doesn't hurt at all) she thinks she's tough though! :) It's fun to chase them around sometimes. We also found that our goats love to "race". It's really funny when you start running and they will try so hard to beat you, it's hilarious that they do that! :ROFL: I love playing with them. :D

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hubby is more of a "player" then I am, he's the designated "jungle jim", they like to "climb" on "daddy", so funny. I guess I'm the "scratching post". Too cute.

And you can send some rain this way...it hasn't rained for a month! Not too much, a couple of inches would be nice. :GAAH:

4. foot

foot New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    ..Sorry but "FAY"maybe heading your way..Pennsyvania ---careful what you wish for...Even our fire ants have drowned here in not so sunny FLORIDA.

..Foot..

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    The storm trac I saw had it heading west across the pan-handle getting all the way to Texas? Frequently those hurricanes do come up the east coast, but usually "poop out" by the time they get here. Our weather guys said we have huge high pressure ridge that is preventing it from coming north this time. We are having PERFECT weather (if you don't want to water your fields that is), so I'm not really complaining. Warm days (low 80's) cool nights (low 60's).

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you didnt get the rain from last week Di?

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    LOL, yes, it clouded up and spit a little, but not anything measureable. We seem to be in a "weird zone", it can rain like crazy in Harrisburg and we get nothing?! I've had to water my garden this week! Oh well, they say some rain coming Sunday. :)

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Well, I think it stopped raining! :leap:

(Really should watch the weather more...)

Yeah Fay is roaming around causing havoc all over the place, isn't it? I'm just glad we didn't get it up in the gulf this time, these waters sure make for some nasty storms, like in 2005.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's good that you got a reprieve....here we haven't seen more than a spit in the wind for 3 weeks....being cool at night leaves alot of dew on the ground and alot of fog in the mornings when I leave for work...usually around 5 and the fog is gone by 7 but it's definately wet here in the early mornings.

I play with mine too....they all like to play tag and more so the "king of the hill" on ME!

10. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    There has been like a drought here. The grass is all dead. There has been no rain here in so long. I can't remember the last time it rained.
    Yes I play with my goats. :) :oops: