Darn that howling goat!!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow - someone told me that Nubiams were vocal - but Cookie takes the biscuit - no pun intended.

She is in heat right now - and man can she howl - she is walking around the pen twirling her head - falgging her tail - squatting etc etc and HOWLING her head off.

Oi vey.

HOw do you deal with the noise when you have loads of does!!!!!

2. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    That's why I have LaManchas. I do have one Nubian, the drama queen, but she is very quiet compared to most Nubians. I made sure of that before I bought her.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you go to work all day and then hear about it from your grandmom when you get home :p

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    LOL - I work from home so I have to listen to her ALL DAY LONG!!!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have a young 10 month old.. that screams at the top of her lungs for the boys.....it is so annoying.... I know what you are going through... and mine is a fullblood boer I tell her "no...you are to young for them...but she never listens......I never had a boer be that verbal before .....in season.. until her :roll: ........it's like.. you want to wear ear plugs... the whole time..... :sigh: :hug:

The thing is ...she is to good of a doe ...to get rid of ...so I am going to have to deal with it every time she comes in...until I can breed her....then... I will get a break for a few months... :wink: :greengrin:

6. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I wouldn;t mind - but I don;t have a boy here that she is calling for!!!!!

Noisy Hussy!!!!!

7. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    You need a pasture spot far far away :horse:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They are so demanding.... :roll:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i have a preg. boer doe (FB) that sounds like some sort of prehistoric dinosaur! low pitched laaaa and even as the hay is stuffed in her mouth. very annoying.

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I Understand. I have one nubian, that if it wern't for my husband, she'd be gone. She literally sounds like a loud screaming baby. I cannot stand her. Unfortunatly, she killed my desire to have more nubians. You can keep the extra milkfat. I'll keep my humming alpine goats instead.

11. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    My girl sounds like a screaming baby too. She is a nubian x alpine - I wish that she had more of the alpine.

My nigerian x sounds like she has been smoking 2 packs a day for quite some time - she is croaky - but quiet. :)

12. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    I have 5 nubian girls and no one screams. We had a short 3 day of yelling when we got one of the girls but as soon as she found out no one was going to hurt her and the herd welcomed her in she has been quite.

13. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Oh my goodness I will try to make this short but you must hear this story..
    We live in a small town in the mountians, not alot happens here...We do have police..they test sirens every Saturday to meke sure they still work..
    We live almost outside of town, but we do have neighbors..
    One sunny day my husband was working outside when two patrol cars flew down our road...somthing that never happens, so we were a bit curious..maybe 15 minutes later the drove back by like nothin had happened.
    The neighbor from down the road came by, askin if we had heard a woman screaming for help, said he had heard it all morning and finally called the police to investigate..the police didn't hear a noise when they were there, nor had we...long about the time the neighbor was leaving....out bellered my NOISY NUBIAN!!! :hair:
    It was so fuun when he realized it had been a dang goat!!! Tee hee...
    Needless to say, I do not own nor will I ever own a Nubian again...

14. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My little 7 month old Casey yells everytime I come out of the house or pull in the driveway and she shuts up as soon as her feed is put down! Out of the three she is the noisiest! Luckily my neighbors don't mind but whats funny is when my sheep come running thinking it's one of their kind needing help and can't quite figure out what is going on ! :slapfloor:

15. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Very funny story, I laughed hard at this one. At least the police had something to do and it took 2 cars. :ROFL:

16. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008

OMG - I just peed my pants a bit laughing!!!!! That is an AWESOME goat story.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL.... to funny... wish I was there ...to see it... :ROFL:

18. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I do smile when telling it..the poor guy though some woman had been screaming for help all morning!!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hehe.....I love it.. :ROFL: :ROFL:

20. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

How do you deal with her noise you ask? You breed her! LOL
    hope shes done soon for your sake.
    beth