The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feed my goats Boss ( Black oil sunflower seeds) however I had someone offer me a 5 gallon bucket of Davids sun flower seeds. Are these safe to feed goats. There salted.....:crazy:

Thanks
Laura

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
they are probably ok if it's just salted sunflower seeds I dont see what the problem would be. i wouldnt let them have free choice though.

·
2,203 Posts
Use these very limited. I wouldn't include these as a replacement for your BOSS. BOSS are much higher in fat (oil). Just like us-we don't need that much salt. It's unhealthy.

If anything, you could sprinkle a few on top, or use as a treat.

If they're offered to me, I'd take them and they'd last a super Long time here. Lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking. As long as its ok in small amounts then I'll take it and give a an occasional treat. Does anyone know where you can get 50lb bags or bigger of Boss at a good price? Thanks everyone for your help!:thumb:

Laura

·
2,203 Posts
That's what I was thinking. As long as its ok in small amounts then I'll take it and give a an occasional treat. Does anyone know where you can get 50lb bags or bigger of Boss at a good price? Thanks everyone for your help!:thumb:

Laura
Local feed mill typically has the best prices in my area. Otherwise Farm & Fleet or any farm supply store. Phone or web shopping for prices is your best bet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts