Dawn Kidded! 5 kids! Rough kidding.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RunAround, Jun 30, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So can the kids survive at this date? She is wagging her tail a lot today and wasn't acting herself the other day. So I am a bit worried. :( I will get pictures of her tonight.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Re: Dawn is on day 135

What about her ligs? I think I have heard of minis surviving at day 135 not positive though. If she were to deliver early, give those kids TINY bits of colostrum really often and keep them indoors.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Not sure about the ligs. I know they are really loose but they have been for a while. They felt looser than usual last night. She is just laying around a lot more than usual. I gave her some tums and Nutri-drench last night. She LOVES Nutri-drench. She also started licking one of her daughters kids. It's not like her to take care of someone else's kids. :hair: :help:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

they can act all motherly for a couple days before kidding. I think this is another way she is just trying to make you go crazy

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Well she is back to normal now...... :help:

Here is a picture of her from tonight.

[​IMG]

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Dawn is on day 135(picture added)

My pygmy is a tail wagger and always talks to her belly since her first pregnancy! It is hilarious. She lost her buckling when he was 1 month, and it has killed her.

My other pygmy always has a her tail to the side and hunched up since the day that I got her. She is due in a week - but she is doing / acting the same from when she was not pregnant.

Dawn just wants you to wait and be sleepless for the next 2 weeks!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I don't worry about tail wagging in terms of kidding. Doesn't really mean anything usually unless theirs a piece of straw or something on their rear or udder. Then they dance trying to get it off.

She looks good! Babies on their way. I think she'll go on 143-144.

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Thanks, I guess I just got worried since she aborted trips last time. :oops: It was really hot and humid today so I think she was just annoyed with the heat. I have a fan in the stall for her and she takes advantage of it.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

her udder hasn't changed much since the last pictures if at all. I do believe she will wait till at least 143

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It's entirely possible that she'll hit day 143 and be ready to go...she really doesn't look like she wants to hold onto them any longer than she has too :ROFL: BTW...I have a doe that "likes" to surprise me at least every other kidding...she has never delivered beyond 147 and has had kids at 142 and 144 with no problems....so even if Dawn goes early, I think that once she hits 142 all will fine. :hug:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

It's very very hot out today. I hosed her down to cool her off. She hates it, but knows she will be cooler so she just stands there. She is just laying around so I gave her more nutria-drench today. I figure with the litter she is carrying she could use a few extra vitamins.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

hope she goes soon!

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I just want to say she really does look amazing and really good.
    I bet she will be fine and she will give you beautiful babiessssssssss.

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Just don't let her near sharp objects....it looks like she'll explode if she's poked! :ROFL:

She is really being a trooper...I hope for :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: ....and tiny too!

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Just an update on Dawn:

Lots of getting up and down today. It's very hot and there are lots of flys, so that could be the reason. I feel so bad for her. I wish she would just pop!

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Has she started to "sit like a dog" yet? She is getting close and the weather making her uncomfortable isn't helping her the poor girl. She'd be on 138 today so she still has a few days to go, I will be truly surprised if she does go beyond 145.

My girls that have carried triplets(never more than that, thank goodness) would start to sit on their butts a week before delivery and then more often throughout the day that they delivered...I think they line up those kids to get them in position that way. It's still funny to see.

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Dawn is on day 141(picture added)

She has been sitting like a dog since before she got preggy. Grr! One less thing I can look for. But she does it all the time now versus sometimes. Her udder looks the same! :hair: I really wish it would get bigger. But I think I can finally calm down a bit since she is in the "safe zone" for kidding now. :thumb:

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well at least you know she HAS to go soon :greengrin:

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I think she'll have you up all night on Tuesday just to wait til Wednesday noon to have those kids!

20. babe817

babe817 Guest

Apr 4, 2008

im still waiting for these kids...