Day 1028... and still no kids.... pictures added

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Cinder, May 19, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Well... maybe a slight exaggeration on the number of days. But seriously - this is the doe who was supposed to be bred when I bought her last fall. She SHOULD have kidded by the middle of March!!!!!! Turns out she wasn't bred then and did get bred when I brought the buck here for another doe in December. (I'm sooo glad I had her in with him too or I wouldn't have had her bred this year.)

Anyhoo.... she's really, really big - but doesn't seem uncomfortable, her udder started filling up last week; she started leaking a clear fluid last Friday (just a little); today her hips appear much more pronounced as she's 'sinking' just under them. I don't know how to tell the ligament thing .... Yesterday she started nuzzling her back end area and laid full out on her side (which she'd never done before). No signs of contractions. The last few days she lays next to the feeder (which is on the ground at the moment) and eats laying down... too much work to get up and stand there. :)

she HAS to kid eventually right? I'm loosing sleep every night thinking... "it's gotta be tonight since it wasn't today".

Sorry - I just had to vent... I think she enjoys teasing me.

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Re: Day 1028... and still no kids....

Wow...that must be nerve racking... :angry:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

It could be she may have 2 to 3 weeks left to go......is there anyway that you could get pics of her?
    Usually it is the last 30 days of pregnancy there udders begin to fill.......but some goats....wait til the last minute...... :hug:

I know they love to make us wait....and wait....... :hug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Well, she could go clear til the end of the month, depending on how late in December she settled. If she's that uncomfortable, she's likely gonna go over the weekend :wink:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

how exciting! though I dont like waiting for babies either...any pictures, we might have a better idea on a date. :)

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

Ok, here's some pictures from a few minutes ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do ya'll think? The buck arrived on December 15th and left on January 13th - so that would be her first and last possible bred dates.

Edited: please excuse the messy ground. Thankfully it's been very wet/rainy here lately and I haven't been able to pooper scoop! We're so happy for the rain that I'm not completely unhappy my stalls a mess.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    pen looks about like mine ;)

As to the due date -- I say with in 2 weeks

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I also agree.....2 weeks...... :wink: :)

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Two weeks! Two weeks! grumble .... grumble.... she walks away shaking her head.... argh!

10. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

From her first day with the buck to her last, her due date could be anywhere from May 14th to June 12th! :hair:
    I also think she's got some time yet, Id say at least a week, maybe more like 2.

She does look pretty dropped and her hips are pretty prominent, but that udder has quite a ways to go yet :scratch:

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cinder, I would have to say a few weeks also. Her Cha Cha is not even loose yet. :shrug:

12. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Luna looked like that for 3 weeks before she kidded. And she spent LOTS of time layin around. Her udder went from something like that there to FULL in 2 days right before she kidded. Also she seemed about that big but only gave us :girl: . so I hope you get :girl: :girl: .

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My does looked like that 3 months before they kidded. :roll: 5 does and only 1 buck though....

I say at least 1 week...Sorry. :shrug:

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Seeing her belly while she's laying down...my goodness from her rear shots she didn't look THAT big!! I'd say she's definately dropped and will hold out on you for another week. I like her "roaned" color, she's pretty.