day 138 - any guesses for how long?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by MissMM, Apr 15, 2010.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    It's only day 138, but Dolly is showing signs she might pop any minute. Her ligs are gone, udder tight, she keeps scratching her belly, she is leaking milk, her back legs are postier looking than I've ever seen her look before - and she's been like this for over 24 hours. She's eating constantly it seems and isn't noisy.... any ideas how much longer she'll go? She kidded at day 145 last year.

Sarah's ligs are getting squishy but still there. She kidded at day 137 last year.

Attached Files:

2. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Im still semi new at this, but soounds/looks to me like shell go around 145. Looks like her udder still has some filling to do, even if its filled alot lately. Mine paw the ground and stuff like that before the day they are actually in labor, and the itchy belly and stuff is something they do for a bit before they go into labor to. Id say shes right on schedule to go 145 again. But again Im kind of new at this... others may say different, just my guess lol

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I agree... she doesn't look to have dropped yet and her bag could still fill more... I'd say 2-3 days out???

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Dolly day 143 and Sarah day 142. :p

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Dolly's not dropped yet....and her udder looks to have some filling to do, I think she'll go to 147 just to keep you on your toes :greengrin:

6. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    thanks for the input. I was hoping they would birth this weekend so I don't miss it.

7. Agreed, she has some time here vulva is not quite there either.

8. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    so much for hoping they'd birth over the weekend. Day 141 and still nothing. Sarah's vulva is huge, but ligs are still there. Dolly's isn't very prominent, but her ligs have been gone for several days. gggggggrrrrrrr.

9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    They're probably discussing with each other how fun it is keeping us guessing. :slapfloor:

10. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Re: day 138 - any guesses for how long? = Update w/pic!

Sarah kidded on day 145. Just 1 HUGE baby doe: 6 1/2 pounds! Sarah was so big I couldn't believe she only had 1 up until I weighed her. Ouch!

Dolly is looking like she might kid soon too :cool:

Attached Files:

• baby.jpg
      baby.jpg
      File size:
      133.2 KB
      Views:
  11. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congrats on the new baby girl. Simply adorable.

12. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    how do you tell if a baby goat is polled? After my disbudding fiasco from last spring, I carefully checked this newborn to set aside time for disbudding and her head is totally smooth. No points indicating horns, so swirls, no hard spots. Nothing. Her whole entire head is consistent from between the ears to between the eyes. ??