Day 144 for Faith and Meg, pg6

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Its hard to believe we're almost there! Yes Anna, Fuchsia & Hallelujah are due 3-4-09 so they're on 141 today and Minuet is on 140. Faith and Meg are due 3-12-09 so they're on 133. So babies will be here before I know it! Our barn progress is nearly complete. We have removed and rehung the siding on the barn so that now the outside wall is on the new addition. I'm so thrilled and eager to get stalls put up so that we can have somewhere to put all the new soon-to-be new moms and their newborns!

I have yet to clip udders too. I've been so incredibly busy with the work down there that I haven't had time to do clips. I am hoping to get some done today and the rest tomorrow. At least for the first 4 due. Udders are really filling in but the hair tends to make them seem smaller. Don't know why. Can't wait to see them clipped.

Anna kidded on 144 last year so that's only Thursday!!! I won't know what to do with myself it they kid out early this year. I'm so not ready yet! I've got another load of towels in the wash machine (found a hidden stash in the house of old towels! Ha!!!) So those are going in the bucket. I've double checked supplies but need to triple check before I haul that big bucket back down to the barn. I'm so excited!!!

Here's my hazard guesses:
    Anna twins, would love a girl and boy.
    Hallelujah twins, she may just have a single in there but I think its twins.
    Minuet had triplets last year as a total shock to me. So I'll guess twins this year but who knows!
    Fuchsia has blown up like a blimp every year and has had triplets everytime. So I will guess triplets.
    Faith isn't that big. So I'll say triplets.
    Meg twins.
    I hope its a doe year!!!! :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

They delivered:
    Hallelujah :boy: :boy:
    Anna :boy:
    Minuet :girl: :girl: :boy:
    Fuchsia :boy: :boy: :girl: :boy:
    Meg :boy:
    Faith :boy: :girl: :girl:

Think pink!!!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Day 141 here at Sweet Gum Minis!!!

oh boy lots of does due! I hope it all starts well for you and everything is finnished in time.

:pray: :girl:

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

You are really close to having some babies to play with. Good luck :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thanks! I'm so eager and excited. I should have taken the camera down to the barn with me when I went to figure out some stalls, I'd let all the goats in to check out the new addition and I got to admire those tummies and udders well. They're hilarious waddling around and trying to jump up from the new addition. We have to put a step or two in yet. I'm out of funds and don't really have time to run to TSC to get cattle panels, but I have plent of kennel panels (4' high by 8' long) and some extra cattle panel gates etc around so I'm going to fashion my stalls out of those. I have a plan. That's all that matters. Haha!

Teresa, I can't wait to see what you get too. You've got quite a lot due around the same time too! So much fun! I can't wait!!!

5. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

I have one due on the 5th, so we're in the same boat! :) Hope we alllllll get lots of does. I need some does so I can stop :drool: over everyone else's. :ROFL: :ROFL: :)

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Wahoo! No :ZZZ: for you for a while! Better get the :coffee: brewing! Looks like your going to need a lot of it! he he he. :coffee2:

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I know, I just think I'm tired now!!!! :help: What was I thinking??? :doh:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I keep saying the same thing! :ROFL: :help:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh I feel for you. When I first started "hand breeding" I had like 6 that were all do within a week. I was never happier when the prego tests said nope - they aint pregnant - LOL!

10. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Thinking does, doing the "doe" dance :cool: . I had twin does born this moring, so maybe some of my good luck will be shared with the rest of you.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

You are gonna be one busy goat mama!!! Hope your girls are good to ya! :girl: :girl: :girl:

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Yes I'm definitely going to be crazy by the time they're done! Hope they don't all decide to kid at the same time. I've never had so many due at the same time before. Last year I had Minuet and Blossom due on 2-28 and Minuet kidded at 6pm 2-24, Blossom was in labor at the same time, but waited to deliver till after midnight so they were technically 2-25 babies.

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

So any pictures of the preggy girls?

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I don't have any new belly pics. I did manage to snap a couple udder photos this morning, but they're HAIRY!!!! I need to do some clipping! Might do that tomorrow for pictures. Here's a few other photos I have from the begining of Feb...

Anna...
    [​IMG]
    Faith with Fuchsia in front of her...
    [​IMG]
    Fuchsia...
    [​IMG]
    Hallelujah...
    [​IMG]
    Minuet with our newer doe Whimsey. Minuet is petite in size and shocked me with triplets last year.
    [​IMG]
    Meg, Lamancha due with Mini-Manchas...
    [​IMG]

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Day 142

Got birthing haircuts done this morning on Anna, Fuchsia, Minuet and Hallelujah. Here we go...

Fuchsia (left) and Hallelujah (right)...
    [​IMG]

Fuchsia (far left), Minuet (middle) and Hallelujah (right)...
    [​IMG]

Minuet & Hallelujah...
    [​IMG]

Anna...
    [​IMG]

Faith...
    [​IMG]

Only one I got with Meg was this one, she's on the far left...
    [​IMG]

Can't wait!!!

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Day 142 at Sweet Gum Minis!!! More pics added end of pg1!

I can't blame you....those are very nice does you have there.... :wink: :)

17. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

I'm betting fuschia will have some quads . . . . :)

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I'm so eager to see what she has! I do hope whatever she has, that there's some does in there!!!

19. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

Focus on having all bucks and then you will have does! :)

20. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

So true!! :ROFL: :slapfloor: