Day 146 on Cachet. Have a cam up. Kidded, some pics up!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Allipoe, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    So went out this morning to do my normal routine (in the stupid rain, bleck), and of the three gals who are currently "barn gals" (Liza the diva-milking-goat, Dulzipmer the incredibly wide and preggers due on April 7th, and Cachet due on the 15th of March) only Liza and Zip were being their normal piglet selves. Usually Cachet is a piglet too, but she didn't even -touch- her grain. Or her hay. Instead she kept yelling at me. So I threw out the milk goat (into the rain, she was displeased), and put Cachet into the big stall.

I feel like I can still somewhat feel some ligaments, but they have been getting softer. Shes not a FF, but her babies have not survived before (due to coldness I was told from her previous owner).

Her udder is pretty developed, though its not tight as a basketball yet. I can still wiggle it a little. And this would be my first goat birth, so knowing what signs to look for is still hard for me. I have be religiously watching Ashley's cam and reading everything I can get my hands on, but you know how it is...pins and needles until you have done it a few times!

So now is the waiting game. Nail chewing game. Drink lots of coffee and be paranoid game. And of course, now that I have a barn cam the "Stalk the Goats" game. Hehe.

If you want to watch the cam let me know (aka-PM), and I can send you the link and how to use it. Its kinda wierd. IP Cameras apparently have attitudes, and I have nooo idea how much traffic it can handle! And any help on knowing -exactly- what I am looking for would be appreciated. Shes restless as heck this morning unless I am in there with her, and pecking at the grain. She hasn't touched the hay. : /

Anyways! Yay babies! ...ACK.

2. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Re: Day 145 on Cachet. Have a cam up. Labor, maybe? >.<

Update as of 12:15pm- shes eaten a few mouthfuls of grain, but still not touched her hay. She is up and down a lot, and seems to zone out a good bit too. I can't tell if shes starting labor, or if shes just bored out of her brains in the stall! >.<

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

She sounds like.. she is getting ready..."contracting"..... So she is in the process of shifting kids...... babies sometime soon.... :greengrin: :thumb:

4. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Eeek! >.<

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:laugh: It will be OK..... just watch her :hug:

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Yep I agree, sounds like she is getting ready! I hope things go smoothly and update when you can!!! :)

7. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland

LOL

Too bad it's raining buckets all day!!
    Have fun and good luck!
    Caryn

8. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Update: went out to check her at 3pm. Her tailbone is like "POW" right there. So I think her ligs are pretty much dropped down. I can even look down at her rear and see the hollows. Her udder hasn't changed too much, and its taken her allll day to eat her grain. Theres still some in there, too. Hasn't touched her hay. She drank some water while I was in there. And occasionally she is laying there and just hollers a few times (shes normally a SILENT goat).

I am reading and rereading the threads and fiasco's site. Hooooboy!

But can I just say..having a camera in the barn is AMAZING. It is making my life so much easier. I am not having to run out there every two minutes to check on her. >.>

9. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009

One of my first times I was reading and rereading that page while one of my does was kidding outside. My neighbor's kids saw her and called me. I sure felt stupid. I didn't have a camera though, so that won't happen to you.

Jan

10. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Apparently shes taking a break...now shes chowing down on the hay! Shes going to make me bananas!!!

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

If she's definately in labor bne prepared for her delivery to be PDQ! My FF ate and ate and ate during her labor then just started to constantly chatter even as she ate...boom! She delivered her twins soon after she had her head out of the hay rack.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

It will be soon.... :hi5: :hug:

13. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

I appreciate you guys keeping me sane!! :hug: I am getting more and more tense as time goes by. Good thing I am in here, because if I was out there I would likely be making her nuts! Hehe.

:shocked:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Take a deep breath and think happy thoughts... :D .no negatives.....things will be OK.... :hug: with Happy thoughts.... :wink: imagine if you will....two beautiful newborns kids and momma taking care of them..... Hang in there.... :hug:

15. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Still waaaaiting. Megan made it over to do the overnight. We figure that if she DIDN'T come that Cachet would have them tonight. Since she did the goat will likely wait until tomorrow or something. >.< In good news though, we were able to give her a butt shave. So now we can see how very enormous her udder is, and how silly she looks with a naked rear! :laugh:

16. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Update: So we made it through the night (with lots of up and downs to check on her), and urrgh I need coffee. Still no babies. We will see if she eats her breakfast this morning, although apparently thats not a good indicator! Either way, shes going to stay on the camera until she has those babies, because I am paranoid as heck!

17. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Re: Day 146 on Cachet. Have a cam up. Ligs are GONE!

Shes making me craaaazy. Her ligs are completely gone. I can't feel them for the life of me. Her udder is unchanged. But shes going bonkers in the stall. Like to the point I had to brace the door with the stanchion because she was pushing through it (made out of reclaimed pallets >.>). Crazy goat!!

I would think they would calm down before having babies, not ramp up!

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Still no babies... I'd be going :crazy:

It should be soon...... :hug:

19. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

I am going loopy. And I want to take a nap, but am afraid to do so because I am just SURE the booger will do it while I sleep. And my partner is busy with a flooded basement!! Ooooi.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Check on her... then set the Alarm clock... for 1/2 an hour.....you may get a little rest there... :wink: :hug: