The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting so excited!!! The girls were either due 1-28 or 2-2 (5 day rebreed) so I figured the latter. Anyway, that puts them on 146 today. Potsie and Contredanse both have had some thick white/clearish discharge this afternoon. Both restless and miserable. Contredanse likes to sit like a dog so I didn't get a pic of her discharge since it was dirty by then.

Contredanse's udder yesterday...

Her udder just about 30 minutes to an hour ago...

Here's some more pics of Contredanse...

We're praying for doelings! :D Potsie's pics coming....

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's Pots (as I affectionately call her. ;) )

Her udder hasn't really changed much yet. Here's her discharge and wide load...

And some of the two together...

Pots' pawing the ground...

So hopefully some babies soon!!! Pot's ligaments have pretty well been gone for a while. She's just too mushy to tell for sure. Conterdanse's are dropping so fast. I'm so excited!!! Pray for doelings!!! :D

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW, I hope Pots does not sneeze. I think a baby doe will go flying out. I would say she will be going within 24 hours. Maybe both.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well remember about Pots that her poor vulva has looked like that for over a week now.

I just put them up and Pots' ligaments are the same, so incredibly mushy but I can almost feel something low so they might still be there. Daisy and Contredanse are both extremely low, like could go anytime. So I'll be back down tonight to check them before bed. I don't expect any kids tonight but maybe they'll lose those ligaments and give me babies tomorrow!

They're calling for a really bad thunderstorm this evening. That's all I need. Uh!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha I bet with this storm coming they will kid in the middle of the night. Me slip sliding down the hill and them screaming in labor. Ha!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mine have no intention of making it easy on me. Mine must plan to wait till their due day. Better not!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
By the looks of the 2 of them, they'll be kidding within hours of each other! I really don't think either of them will last til the 1st! They will be waiting for a drenching downpour, so be careful and try not to slip and slide too much. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
WOWSERS! :shocked: They are HEEYOUGE!!! I agree with Chels...they're gonna pop!! POOF! You'll be saying "She's shrunk...now where's those babies?! :scratch: OH I see them...she shot them clear over there!!!" :shocked: :ROFL: :slapfloor: :p

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahaha that's cute! She shot them way over there. Hehe They're uncomfortable but have been for a couple days now. I can hear someone pawing but its not Pots or Contredanse.

Daisy's udder is still tiny so she needs to bloom yet.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Contredanse seemed to be panting a little earlier, been in a dozen different positions. But you know, they've been a restless bunch for a while.

I wouldn't mind waking to babies so long as I get some babies!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Wow, those are some wide lookin' does!!! I sure hope they kid soon for you-they look like they could kid about the same time. My mom has had does do that before, deliver kids from one doe just to turn around and get the kids from the other one to:). I know I wouldn't want kids born this week-it is snowy and windy here. Of course I suppose next week when kidding season begins it will not be any better:(.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well if we had one thing it was good weather today. It was mid 60s today. Its approximately 40 right now. I haven't looked but I just visited the girls and it felt comfortable in the barn in my sweatshirt.

Update:
Pots' ligaments are gone. I felt and felt for them and there's nothing in there. She's continually moaning and groaning now. Panting and has a staring off in space look on her face.

Contredanse's ligaments are gone too, only hers feel like a ff do. Know what I mean? How their whole rump doesn't go mush, just the area the ligaments are. Well that's how she feels. She too is panting and moaning a bit and her udder might be strutted.

Daisy has one ligament so I feel she'll hang on.

So maybe babies tonight or maybe tomorrow. Did I mention it started raining just before I came back up? Yes all a storm on top of the mix.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts