Day 146 Potsie and Contredanse!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I am getting so excited!!! The girls were either due 1-28 or 2-2 (5 day rebreed) so I figured the latter. Anyway, that puts them on 146 today. Potsie and Contredanse both have had some thick white/clearish discharge this afternoon. Both restless and miserable. Contredanse likes to sit like a dog so I didn't get a pic of her discharge since it was dirty by then.

Contredanse's udder yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    Her udder just about 30 minutes to an hour ago...
    [​IMG]

Here's some more pics of Contredanse...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're praying for doelings! :D Potsie's pics coming....

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Here's Pots (as I affectionately call her. ;) )

Her udder hasn't really changed much yet. Here's her discharge and wide load...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of the two together...
    [​IMG]

Pots' pawing the ground...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So hopefully some babies soon!!! Pot's ligaments have pretty well been gone for a while. She's just too mushy to tell for sure. Conterdanse's are dropping so fast. I'm so excited!!! Pray for doelings!!! :D

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They look like they are terribly miserable! LOL. They HAVE to go soon, they look like they are gonna pop!

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Babies soon!You guys are killing me!LOL

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I hope Pots does not sneeze. I think a baby doe will go flying out. I would say she will be going within 24 hours. Maybe both.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well remember about Pots that her poor vulva has looked like that for over a week now.

I just put them up and Pots' ligaments are the same, so incredibly mushy but I can almost feel something low so they might still be there. Daisy and Contredanse are both extremely low, like could go anytime. So I'll be back down tonight to check them before bed. I don't expect any kids tonight but maybe they'll lose those ligaments and give me babies tomorrow!

They're calling for a really bad thunderstorm this evening. That's all I need. Uh!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    uh - I am going to throw a guess out that you will wake up to babies - if they don't have them by tonight - OH MY GOSH! One good "maaaa" out of them and you better have a baseball mitt behind them to catch the babies!

LOL!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hahaha I bet with this storm coming they will kid in the middle of the night. Me slip sliding down the hill and them screaming in labor. Ha!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    good luck with that Ashley - My doe that kidded last week looked NOTHING like yours when I locked her up. 10 hours later 2 babies on the ground!

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well mine have no intention of making it easy on me. Mine must plan to wait till their due day. Better not!

11. freetorun35

freetorun35 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    Those kids are on their way! Thunderstorms are perfect kidding weather :wink: I can't wait to see pics of their kids!

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    By the looks of the 2 of them, they'll be kidding within hours of each other! I really don't think either of them will last til the 1st! They will be waiting for a drenching downpour, so be careful and try not to slip and slide too much. :)

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah wow - sure are close!

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    WOWSERS! :shocked: They are HEEYOUGE!!! I agree with Chels...they're gonna pop!! POOF! You'll be saying "She's shrunk...now where's those babies?! :scratch: OH I see them...she shot them clear over there!!!" :shocked: :ROFL: :slapfloor: :p

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Jacque, I love the last part lol. It is so windy here, I hope it'll rain.

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hahaha that's cute! She shot them way over there. Hehe They're uncomfortable but have been for a couple days now. I can hear someone pawing but its not Pots or Contredanse.

Daisy's udder is still tiny so she needs to bloom yet.

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    you know you are probobly waking to babies right??

I can not believe they are holding them in there as it is!! LOL!

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well Contredanse seemed to be panting a little earlier, been in a dozen different positions. But you know, they've been a restless bunch for a while.

I wouldn't mind waking to babies so long as I get some babies!!!

19. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Wow, those are some wide lookin' does!!! I sure hope they kid soon for you-they look like they could kid about the same time. My mom has had does do that before, deliver kids from one doe just to turn around and get the kids from the other one to:). I know I wouldn't want kids born this week-it is snowy and windy here. Of course I suppose next week when kidding season begins it will not be any better:(.

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well if we had one thing it was good weather today. It was mid 60s today. Its approximately 40 right now. I haven't looked but I just visited the girls and it felt comfortable in the barn in my sweatshirt.

Update:
    Pots' ligaments are gone. I felt and felt for them and there's nothing in there. She's continually moaning and groaning now. Panting and has a staring off in space look on her face.

Contredanse's ligaments are gone too, only hers feel like a ff do. Know what I mean? How their whole rump doesn't go mush, just the area the ligaments are. Well that's how she feels. She too is panting and moaning a bit and her udder might be strutted.

Daisy has one ligament so I feel she'll hang on.

So maybe babies tonight or maybe tomorrow. Did I mention it started raining just before I came back up? Yes all a storm on top of the mix.