Day 149...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by NightHawk, Mar 19, 2008.

1. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    I can't wait! The past week and a half I have been running out to the barn every chance I get asking my two does, "Are they here yet, are they here yet?" It's good they like all the attention lately. I am just sad that they will probably kid while I'm at school and I won't get to see it. Last year I made it a habit to check them as soon as I got off the bus. And thankfully, my favorite baby, Chinook, waited till I got out there. Just as I was walking up to the fence the first little girl's head popped out.
    Anyway, I am so impatient. I just can't stand the wait! I am hoping tomorrow will be the day... I have checked and checked. The ligaments of both does are gone. One of them had some liquid coming out last week. It shouldn't be long now...

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh cool, more babies soon!

What breed do you have?

I do hope they wait for you - I know mine don't, silly buggers wait till just after I leave :sigh:

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I bet you are excited....I am excited too and they arent even my goats :stars:

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Anything yet? Surely she'll kid now that the weekend is here, and you can be with her hopefully! Btw, welcome, what breed of goats do you have? Do you have pics? We like lots of pictures!

5. NightHawk

NightHawk New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Still no babies. I am so impatient...
    One of my does is a Saanen/Alpine. Her daughter is 1/2 Nubian, 1/4 Saanen, and 1/4 Alpine. They are both bred to our Saanen buck and due anytime now. I am so excited!
    Yes, no worries, I will take lots and lots of pictures!