Day 153 Updated Pics of Doe [2-9-09]

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    First let me explain a little. I have a small breeding herd of about 30 goats. I have a nubian buck then several nubian and nubian cross does, then a few la mancha does. Most of the goats are rescues from auctions, or goats people didnt want anymore, or couldnt take care of. But I find them a beautiful group of misfits. To pay for hay we do a bit of breeding because we enjoy it and plan to milk them someday soon. Ive had a few kids so far but this will be the first year things really take off he expect between 10-14 kids this year. Well our first doe is on 138 days and Im getting so excited!!! She is one of my favorite does, and one of my best looking. I am going crazy waiting. I dont have pregnant pics of her but will add them soon. Had to share this all with you guys since I keep reading everyone elses threads. The doe has a huge full udder, and this is her first kids. Heres mom and dad... again the doe is not pregnant this is an old pic. Pics a bit old of the buck but you get the idea.

Billy [Buck]

[​IMG]

Wanting treats. Hes a bottle baby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lulu [Doe ]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im really hoping for a black and white doe but I hardly ever get what I want lol. Heres some of my bucks other kids. Cause Im so proud lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brown one in the middle next to the la mancha

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: 138 days!! Im going crazy!!!

wow...less than 2 weeks to go! You just may get that B/W kid, very pretty colored goaties too.

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Nice looking goats! You should have very colorful kids! Love that. Do you have a baby monitor? Good luck, hoping for easy birthing and healthy kids! :clap:

4. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Re: 138 days!! Im going crazy!!! [Preggo pics added]

Thanks... heres Lulu today. Sorry if blurry its a new camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Yes I pulled the hay string out, silly goats** lol

Dont know if you can tell in the pic but her udder is huge, and shes a first timer. Is it a sign of more then one maybe or just a nicer udder. :)

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She is certainly filling that udder! Won't be long before it has doubled or even tripled in size!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Awwww...nice goaties ...I like there coloring to... :)

7. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Thank you. Most of them are rescues. But we are going for nicely painted Nubians and La Manchas. The brown and white in one pic that you cant see her face is a La Mancha.

8. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

No dont have a monitor. Ive read about people having them. Do you have to get one of the expensive ones with the real monitor? I might just have a cheap one that worked from my daughter.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

That is so sweet of you to do that....they are so lucky to have you....you are a very special and caring person.... and I commend you...... :hug:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I use a cheap hand me down, thrift store Fisher Price moniter thats about 12 years old...lol Works great but my barn is about 150 feet from the house...so it's fairly close range.

11. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Thank you. I wish I could help more of them, but with money being tight Hubby is puting some preasure about them needing to put back into the feed bill. Im hoping I can rehome the kids and put some money back into it and help more. My neighbor has a couple Nubian does he plans to send to meat. I so wish I could help them. But he wanted $125 each.

12. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Mine is a blue and white one. Pretty sure its fisher price. Mine arents far from the house either. Ill have to see if it works.

Thanks for the idea :)

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I know what you mean...on wanting to help them all but we can only do so much.....On the nubian doelings for $125 ....did you ask the neighbor if he would like to trade....for? whatever you can find that your neighbor might want?

14. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

They just had three new kids there. All very gorgeous. I was sad cause they wanna send em to meat. He said hed trade breedings to my Nubian buck. But I just dont wanna have any of my bucks breedings go to that kind of home. They have other animals that they do not so much take good care of... but not gonna get into that.

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I understand completely....... and don't blame you at all.....I am sorry ..... :hug:

16. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

I really hate waiting... lol

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Same here, I want kids now! :ROFL: :hair:

18. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

I was gonna post on your thread but didnt wanna hi jack it or anything but I read about you waiting. it is driving me nuts lol. Today she is not knowing what to do with her tail, it goes up stays there awhile then goes half down, then back up again... I think were getting cloe maybe? Or I wish lol.

I like you am dreaming of babies I soooo want a black and white doe. If its a buck its sold... :( I wanna keep it!!! lol

19. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Could be that she is having little contractions.. or the kid is just kicking really good. lol

:girl: :girl: Would be awesome for both of us! :pray:

20. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

I havent seen any discharge at all, and usually in the past though Im not that experienced I saw goo first before the contractions were noticed. But im watching her. [but trying not to watch to much] Shes on day 145. So it should be soon. I have owned this doe for 2 yrs and shes been hard to get to settle. I love this doe. So I really hope i get a doe from her. I wish two does lol. But shes a first timer so probably not. But I can dream!!