Day 153 Updated Pics of Doe [2-9-09]

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008
    Re: 145 days now. :) [New pics please look]

Is it just me being imaptient or does she not look like shes at 145 days? I just dont see her acting much like shes about to pop out a baby lol Shes still eating like a pig. No discharge at all. Pics suck but this camra is not very good. Someone gave it to me cause my other broke

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

She could be on 145 if she is a first freshener. Is there another possible due date?

3. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

She is a first timer. No she was not in with the buck another time. And I dont think he jumped a few fences and then jumped back. But he is on site lol. Just makes me wonder cause shes not really besides holding ehr tail up alot showing any signs.

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

My doe didn't show *any* signs of delivery and the next day we woke up and had a baby in the barn! We thought she still had 2+ months left! That was our pygmy and she was a FF I believe.

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I dont know, to me it looks like that belly has dropped and she looks awful puffy in the rear.
    Her udder looks like it could use more filling- but being a first freshener, that could literally happen WHILE she was kidding.
    I would say in the next couple days you should have kiddos.
    Have you felt for ligs?

6. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

I have tried to feel for ligs and to be honest I have no idea what Im feeling for and have not been able to figure out how to. Ive read about it but just cant seem to get it.

7. ProctorHillFarm

Well- instead of feeling for ligs, a way to tell you DONT have them, if she is close, she will get all mushy in the backend and you will literally be able to wrap your fingers around her tail head, easily. Does that make sense? Not sure how to describe it.

Also you have any shots from the side?

8. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

I went out and compared. Shes in with a doe that has two months and I compared. The doe that has two months my fingers got "blocked" by something. The doe at 145 days I could feel all of her bone. And it was very mushy. I had never felt the difference. If its all mushy how close does that mean she is?

9. ProctorHillFarm

According to fiasco farm,
    Once you no longer feel the ligaments and you can practically touch your fingers and thumb together around her tail head, the doe will probably kid sometime within the next 12 hours.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She is surely in the10 day wait! A doe can go anywhere between 145 and 155...and some girls can go even beyonmd that! Thank goodness my girls have been nice to me and haven't gone beyond 155!

Take your fingers and trace from the bony points of her butt to her tail head, the ligs run parallel with that "triangle"....they feel like pencils.

11. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Read above. Im pretty sure I figured it out and I think there gone. I felt them in another doe but not in her. She was very mushy and I could make the "bone" out perfectly feeling every part of it in that area. The other doe I hit a "block" in that area.

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Goody news! Babies soon! It may be a little while yet though.

13. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Yeah ive been waiting for this doe to have babies for a long time. She wouldnt get pregnant before. Im sure shell make me wait 155 lol

14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I'm sure... :roll: LOL!

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Since she's all mushy back there, she's gonna give you a very sleepless night!

Did you get the baby moniter in use yet? It will save you wasted trips to the barn.

17. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Nothing yet. She is laying down alot but no signs of labor. :(

Couldnt get the monitor to work. It is really old. Gonna look into getting another one.

18. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I know how you feel. The best thing to do is get the :coffee: brewing, try not to :hair: all of your hair, and not go insane. GOODLUCK! No really, don't stress to much.

19. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Im going insane. Shes laying around alot, appetite seems a bit off. But nothing more. We were checking on her today and I also think I felt the head at her side... down lower on her right side. It was something bigger then a foot poking at her side. it was cool we could feel it. Glad to know its ok in there.

20. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008
    Re: 147 days now. :) going crazy

Still no kid. Her personal area is so puffy my human kids keep asking me is she alright lol