Day 153 Updated Pics of Doe [2-9-09]

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Re: 147 days now. :) going crazy

You sure are earning your membership into the :hair: club! I hope she kids soon and puts you out of your misery... LOL
    My does all averaged about day 148 this season... much later than past kidding seasons. I too was going :hair: by the time they gave up those babies.
    Best of luck on your upcoming kidding!

2. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

I am going nuts. Shes gonna set records with how long she keeps em in lol. Though today I went out and she was major itching on her belly and she wasnt before. Plus were having bad weather. So maybe... in the next week lol

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

She will tease you just enough that you'll make :coffee: thinking the time is coming soon. Then she'll be like la la la la nothing is happening. Then when she thinks you're going to the house or even to sleep and she'll tease you again. More :coffee: ! Then she'll probably have it/them at 8 o'clock in the morning, and you won't be able to sleep, because you had so much :coffee: !!! :slapfloor:

4. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Ive gotten like no sleep the last like 5 days... and I have a feeling I have at least a few more to go.

I find comfort in those waiting with me and even those that have done this wait. It is insane...

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

totaly insane -- I am not looking forward to it at all. But the babies make it worth it in the end

6. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

I agree. Just cant wait to see her sweet little kid. And Im sooo nervous.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I've been breeding my girls for the last 7 years....and that anxious feeling never disipates with each experience, and through it all....I have found that it wouldn't be a normal kidding season if I wasn't a wreck! Deep breaths, lots of caffeine and plenty of shoulders here are what keeps me going! Your girl will give them up soon enough, but not until you have had no sleep,and have pulled most of your hair out.

8. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008
    Re: 148 days now. :) still nothing

Day 148 and shes still munching on her food, besides being fat shes happy as could be. No signs of labor but is doing little things like got a seriously itchy belly. Her udder has gotten bigger for sure. I was comparing her to the pics I took before. Hmm maybe Ill take some new ones today to show you all.

9. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

LOL

This is gonna be one insane year then. I should have around 10 pregnant does starting with this one. Not all are first timers but about half to a bit more are. Im really gonna have a stressful next few months. This is really just crazy the way I feel.

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I feel for you but, she sounds like she is getting closer. Don't be too nervous she can sense it!

11. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Does she look like shes gonna put me out of my misery soon? Got one clear pic at least lol

[​IMG]

This one though blurry I thought it showed her udder better. Wish it was clear

[​IMG]

Now Lulu said I need to take some more flattering pics of her

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I'm gonna say a day or two but she could surprise me?

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

that udder needs to fill much more, she doesnt look close by way of her udder, but if you are sure of her breeding date she either may fill up right before kidding or not have a large bag

14. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Even if shes a first timer?

Im sure of her due date. But Ive been told they can even go over 155.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yes even on a FF they need a bigger udder. Not always but usualy it gets full and tight.

As to the due date yup they can go over 155

16. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Hmm

So at what point is it to long for them to have gone? Where you worry and think there maybe a problem?

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

If she goes beyond 158, then I would worry, but right now, she's just fine! Still has a couple days to hit 150...and even as a FF her udder will fill a bit more. Not only that but when she's ready to deliver, her teats will be full and "plump" looking, and not look as they do now.

18. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008
    Re: 149 days now. :) still nothing

Yeah its official Lulu is gonna go 157 days just before I should worry but cause me alot of worry.

19. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

i hear ya sister! I am sitting here waiting too!! This is too much!!

20. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008

Your even a few days ahead of mine. Poor you. I am tortured!!