The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Annika usually kids BEFORE day 150. This is her 3rd freshening.

*twitch*twitch*

I've gotta be gone for a looooong 16-17 hour day out of town tomorrow.

*twitch*twitch*

I'm thinking of taking her on a long car ride down a bumpy road and feeding her spicy food and maybe finding a trampoline for her to jump on.

*twitch*twitch

She seems just WAY too cheerful and relaxed.

*twitch*twitch*

ARG!!:hair:

·
Registered
240 Posts
My doe kidded yesterday and my words to describe her right up until she started pushing was 'content'. She never showed any signs of labor other than she lost her ligs the night before. And when she started pushing they had been gone for 20 hours.

My point is that they know how to surprise you!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She just yanked my chain. Brat! She has been so quiet lately - not vocal at all. Then suddenly, just a bit ago, she let loose yelling a bawling and making a ruckous. The last time she got that loud and incessant she popped out triplets.

I RACED downstairs, threw on my overalls, grabbed the camera and the kidding crate and rushed to the pen.

She just wanted supper, thankyouverymuch. I stayed out and watched her a while. She leaped up on the spools in the pen and raced around and fought ole Mindy for the best bites of grain. Then raced to the barn to get her treats.

No mucous, no contractions, ligs soft, but not gone.

*twitch*

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
:laugh:

Silly girls :p

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
well...sounds like she knows how to get your attention!!! lol. she's gonna be the goat who cries wolf. it'll be the one day you decide to ignore her that she'll pop babies out!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today is Day 157 and NOTHING. She had teeny tiny bit of clear mucous yesterday, but nothing else. At all. *twitch*

I did call the vet. If she (Annika, not the vet) doesn't kid tonight on her own, I will induce in the morning.

In the meantime, I AM GOING TO IGNORE HER! :eyeroll:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hang in there! My Selah kidded yesterday with NO discharge, NO noticable contractions and was completely acting NORMAL. Went out to check on her and the brat was pushing!

Sending lots of labor vibes!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Oh boy. Gotta be gettin close!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did indeed double check the dates. She has a very clear breeding date that puts her at 157 today. This is her third kidding. on her first she delivered 2 bucklings at 149 days. Her next kidding she had triplet bucklings on day 146.

That's why her going so late is making me so edgy. She's also much smaller than her 1st two pregnancies. I'm thinking maybe a singleton this time... Hopefully a doe. (PLEASE????) However, she developed a bag about 3 weeks after her breeding and her bag is full now. Her privates are very poochy. Her ligs are either very soft or gone. (I still haven't mastered the ligament feel)

Come ON baby(ies!)

I'm just hoping she goes on her own tonight...

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hang in there! My Selah kidded yesterday with NO discharge, NO noticable contractions and was completely acting NORMAL. Went out to check on her and the brat was pushing!

Sending lots of labor vibes!
OOoooo. I REALLY hope that will Annika's game. Thanks for the encouraging word!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hope she kids for you soon. She sounds really close.
I read somewhere that most of the time when a doe is carrying multiple kids they deliver on the early side of the 150 days and when they have a single they usually go a little past the 150 days. If she didn't get as big for this pregnancy, and is over day 150 I would say she is probably carrying one kid in there.
I hope the baby isn't too big for her.. Good luck with kidding! I can't wait to see pictures when she finally pops for you. :)

·
8,393 Posts
All my does normally kid right on 150, but this year they all kidded 2-6 days after their due dates. One was 2 days over with a monster size buck, the rest had twins and trips.
All of mine went over, also. Giant kids. All used to kid right on or a day early- but they all were goofy this year!

Good luck with your kidding!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts