day 169 whiss BABIES

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by lesserweevil, Feb 19, 2010.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    This is getting boring!!! Whisper still has no interest in kidding :hair: she is obviously trying to do my head in.

Today is day 153/154 depending on whether I go with her being bred on 17 or 18 September. My friend says that she will kid Saturday night/Sunday morning... which would be day 155/156ish.

Really at this stage I just want them out :GAAH:

I've tons of plans for tomorrow and I really dont want them ruined by a goat! She either needs to kid between now and tomorrow morning, or else not look like kidding, tomorrow, until LATE, so that she doesn't ruin my day by forcing me to stay home. I might possibly kill her for that

...what an extremely annoying goat...

still hoping for :kidred: :kidred:

2. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Re: day 154 and counting...

I think I have your goat's sister at my house...the same thing is happening here!

3. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Me too, same problem!

Let me guess... we all probably look like littermates too... judging by the bags under our eyes from lack of sleep, the worry lines from too many ligament checks (is it softening? I swear it's softening! n/m, just kidding...), oh and don't forget the super-short fingernails (that I've already had to trim again because I thought the silly girl would have her kids a week ago)!!!

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

I don't trim my fingernails... they just break... ha.

I swear if that goat's udder gets any larger it'll touch the floor. Well maybe not quite, but I'm surprised she can still move her legs around it! It's MAAASSIIIVE! She looks like a Holstein cow! Wow goat, come ON have those babies!!!

I swear her ligaments ARE softening... but they keep coming back! And her babies wiggle when I poke them, so they're definitely alive in there :)

LW

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

You know what they say LW, the moment you're in the car, they start pushing! :p

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Any updates??

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

ya sure... day 154/155 and... still roasting in the oven!

I'm going out today... there is no way I'm letting Whisper ruin my weekend's plans! I have checked her just now... she was happily chewing her cud in her new large newly strawed pen. One ligament has gone, one ligament is still there... can get my hand all the way round her tail head... and I saw her stretch once at 0400 and once now at 0800. Hoping she doesnt go into labour until I get home tonight.

It would be hilarious if my friend is right again with her "goat birth prediction" as she said Saturday night/ Sunday morning.

Kids are still alive and kicking, that's for sure

LW

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh boy -- stretching it out to the last minute

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

Oh wow... you must be going bonkers!!!!! Hopefully she waits until you get home tonight!!!! :)

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

well... she didn't kid yesterday... or this morning yet. Day 155/156 and still no sign of even impending labour. The kids are still alive and kicking and she has no intention of giving them up... I guess they're going to be almost full-grown when they finally arrive!!! Her udder is fairly tight but, i dunno *shrugs*

still got faint ligaments there... no goo of any kind whatsoever.

LW

11. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia

painful goat...they just do it to annoy us.... and wait till we think they got another month to go and suddenly oh kids...
    i did not when mine were bred...so that was even more confusing :ROFL:

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

hmm... just wondering whether to call the vet tomorrow morning about inducing her... I'm not a fan of inducing animals - I've never done it before, actually. But as long as I KNOW that Monday/Tuesday last week was her due date... and I've calculated it several times on the internet... it should be safe from the kids' point of view anyway. I really don't want to lose these babies or Whisper.
    I guess I will see what the vet says tomorrow anyway. What an annoying goat! And on the subject of annoying animals... my sheep are still all crossing their legs too except for the 2 that lambed next week - maybe it's a big I-hate-you strike where they are waiting for me to leave on Thursday!!!
    LW

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: day 155/6 and counting...

oh thats not nice of the animals at all! mean mean animals be nice to Katie

14. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Certainly understandable to consult the vet especially when they're pass the due date, and anytime you just have a feeling-go with your instincts.

Watch now she'll probably have them! :p

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

well, twin lambies born this afternoon... while I was asleep!!! I was knackered after a long day out yesterday and getting up twice in the night - so I went to sleep at lunch time after checking at the barn and seeing nothing had happened. 3 hours and 3 txt messages later (I left my phone downstairs =] ) I went up to the barn and found the cute lil twins. One of them is kinda weak (bendy back leg weak) but I tubed her a bit so she should be ok.

My friend says Whiss will kid within the next 24 hours... I wanna know how she tells that, as to me her ligaments feel exactly as they felt the last 3 days!!! >.<

I'm hoping she's right though - also hoping that more of the sheep lamb... there's still about 20 to go!!!

LW

16. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: day 156/7 and counting... PICS

1 week late, still no babies... her ligaments are almost non-existent, her rear end does not look particularly reddish, her udder is still getting bigger, and she has no goo and does not appear interested... :veryangry:

The problem is... that on asking my brother if there is any possibility that she was bred again after I bred her with Fionn on 18 September, he says he has no idea... :GAAH:

So I feel nervous about phoning the vet to induce... if there is even the slightest possibility that the due date could be wrong! I would hate to put her babies at risk.

I guess I will sit and stew :scratch: for now at least
    LW

17. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms Active Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland

I know it is not ideal - but can you go in partially and feel if her cervix has softened? or is it still tightly shut. Usually cervix softening and slightly opening is a good sign that she is dilating there at least. If your somewhat sure of the date - maybe get some of the induction medicine to have on standby - but not give her a full dose - just 1/4 or a little less, of it so that if things are ready it might just start. Don't know - if she is doing what daisy did last year - those kids will have their horns started already!

18. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

well I'd kinda prefer not to mess with her if I can help it...

...got another lambie today. Sheep was scanned twins but only had one - I guess she dropped or reabsorbed the other one - she was kinda skinny! Massive lamb, more like a pony - 'bout half grown too!

LW

19. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

woo one ligament has GONE!

other ligament is hanging on in there... just.

Can still get my fingers right the way round her tailhead...

oh and seeing that I'm bored, here's a pic of baby Whisper back in 2005...

[​IMG]

20. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

pics from this morning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]