The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
My baby nubian doeling was born 5/2/21 around 3pm. So she’s roughly a day in a half old right now. I know they have yellow sticky poop.
But hers seems to be much looser than most babies I’ve had and kind of foamy looking.
Still sticky enough that I have to clean her behind cause it was all crusted on there.
Temp is 102.6.
She latches well but doesn’t seem to have as much energy as other the other babies!
What do y’all suggest.

·
Super Moderator
58,455 Posts
Are you sure she is nursing enough? I'd give her fortified B Complex orally and also selenium. I'd also weigh her daily with a scale that weighs in pounds and ounces or pounds and tenths of pounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure she is nursing enough? I'd give her fortified B Complex orally and also selenium. I'd also weigh her daily with a scale that weighs in pounds and ounces or pounds and tenths of pounds.
Yes, I’ve been watching her nurse to the point I feel comfortable both her and brother are getting plenty.
I did give b complex. And some probiotics. And bottle fed some electrolytes.
Also weighed and she was 6lbs even right now.
Guess it’s kind of a wait and see....
She did stand up and walk afterwards but just seems unsteady still. Where brother is already jumping around. 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
921 Posts
Selenium is a good idea! Sometimes, they overeat and get runny poop and maybe are a little lethargic for awhile til they get the excess milk from their systems. I'm not sure what would cause the foamy poop, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts