The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am hoping for some advice. I have been out of state for a couple weeks and had a friend/neighbor caring for my goats. They used DE LIBERALLY without my consent. Ugh. I got home last week and I noticed two of my does and a wether had a bad cough so I did a thorough cleaning of my goats areas & cleared it of the DE. I wormed them as well as FAMACHA wasn’t great for the three in question. I’m waiting on fecals but was so worried about the cough I gave Ivomec to the three. My wether now has no cough and FAMACHA color is good, one doe is 80% improved in the cough & FAMACHA but one doe (pregnant) is still coughing pretty badly. It has only been a week since I cleaned their area and wormed them, my question is if anyone has been through something similar - how long did it take to resolve? Should I repeat worming (depending on fecal)? None of these goats have a temp or any other indication that they have pneumonia. The doe I’m worried about was a 4 on the FAMACHA today and was 101.7 temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts