The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our smooth collie attacked our herd queen two nights ago. The Collie has a new home, and we thought MEtis was fine. She was up and about, eating, drinking, just scratched up.

I came out to the barn this morning to find her dead in the stall, with bright red blood leaking from her vagina. Any idea what happened?

And can my pocket buck be ok by himself until the 3 week old babies get big enough to be with him all the time? Or do I need to get him a buddy asap?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should mention we are fairly sure she was a hermie. She was with us and our buck a year and never went into heat. I thought for a moment maybe she was pregnant and died trying to give birth, but she didn't have a milk bag or anything. Her gut was very swollen.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i'm so sorry for your losses, goat & dog! how horrible! i think too it may have been internal injuries from the attack. so sorry! our buck is alone but is surrounded by doe pens and can see them easily. he seems ok with that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: I agree with the others that your buck should be OK for a little while. I'm sure he will appreciate a little extra attention from you while he grieves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts