The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids want to do a county fair show next weekend, but it's an ABGA show. They really don't have fancy show goats, they are good enough for fairs though.

I've been debating on letting them spend the $$ to go, or save their $$ and spend it on something else.

So while debating this I just realized, my kids fullblood babies will be 3mo on 7/26. The show is 7/27. Would they make the kids show them in 3-6mo class?

If so, then it definitely wouldn't be worth it. No way a 3mo doe is going to win against older doe kids.

Also, my son wouldn't be able to take his yearling doe because we haven't transferred her from IBGA yet <she's the only one we have left to transfer>.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
Not sure but you may be able to e-mail or fax the application to abga. They can send you a stamped copy of receipt or they might even be able to register her if you explain the circumstances.
As for the babies it depends on the show rules call the superintendant of the goat show and ask. Some shows use the date of the show others go by the month. It doesnt hurt to ask
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't think there is much I can do about the yearling doe. The ABGA office is closed until Monday, and the show is next Saturday.
We uh...have been waiting on registration papers for 2 kids that I did on line on June 3rd <almost 7 weeks ago>. So they are way behind. I think in the show rules it says on kids over 3 months old they have to have their ABGA paper :(
I was told my son would get the papers on all the kids we registered by the middle of next week, so I guess we'll see if it happens.

I'll call the superintendant on Monday and see what information they can give me. I know they used to be big time show/breeders so they'll likely know which class the babies would go into.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say keep the $$ and buy more goats with it!!...lolol...
LOL would be nice, but we have to try and sell some we have too many lol Wish we had more land.
We are in the market for a new young buck, but my husband is supposed to be buying one this time <I bought the last 2 we've had>.
Going to get a roll of fencing and a new wheel barrow so we can work on extending the back pen up to the barn <then we wont' need to make a run in shelter>. So there are always projects they can use to help pay for. But if they don't do this show then they only have 2 other show's left. They have been trying to show as much as they can to get more experience, and well because they love showing, haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
Even though they may be the youngest in the class, they still have a chance! My daughter had a just under 12 month doe that got beat in the champion round by the youngest doe there! Its all about conformation :). And her other doe was in the 12-18 class barely (like by 6 days) and placed 2nd. I say go for it!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
14,615 Posts
I say it's $ well spent to go.
She might be in the 0-3 mo class one day & the 3-6 in the next but your show sec can let you know for sure.
The fair itself isnt going to be of much help there.
As for papers call first thing Tues & request the $5 rush fee. Ask for Laura, she got it done.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Goatgirlz & Nancy, I appreciate it.
We'll see what happens and I'll let you all know if we go or not. We'll see what the weather does too especially if they run out of pens.

The biggest thing on the rush is, I don't want to pay extra for papers that I was told he should receive next week. Monday it will be 7 weeks since we filed online to get these kids registered <17th for the third kid - she said they'd do all the papers together>. I'm going to hold them to their word ;)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top