The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are new to goats and have had our little girl for 2 months. She was 2 weeks old when we got her. She had silver caps on her head where she was debudded. The caps came off and she started to get a good size scour. So we had her debudded again. She also appeared to have an infection and we treated her for that and have been putting blue kote on the wounds. Well she has scratched it open again. I'm just wondering if there's something we can do to keep her from scratching? Should we be bandaging it? And if so how? Any and all advice is welcome a as I said we're new to this and have never had such a young one. Thanks!

·
Fair-Haven
4,923 Posts
You want to let air around the area, so just keep up with the blue kote. It should scab over just fine.Mine will bleed just a bit but no more than a few minutes. A pic would be helpful here if you are concerned. Is she up to date on her tetanus vaccine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a picture. Really don't want anything to be wrong as we are all in love with her. She is my daughters 4H project. Her leader has been AMAZING to help with this but we're looking for any answers we can get. Here's a picture of her head as well. She just keeps ripping the scab off.
Hand Plant Organism Grass Finger

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Apple cider vinegar may help with the itching. I put straight in a small spritz bottle. Spritz her head any time she tries to scratch. Lavender essential oil is also good. Itching hapoenes when healing starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts