The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this little lady went on a date with a young buckling. I would of liked a different buck for her and have her bred as a two year old not kid as a two year old, but I guess she likes the youngins.
Reddog ls illusion s dam is castle rock Royal sunset 1*M and she is by old mountain farm abracadabra . Sunset is a daughter to national champion castle rock Tahitian sunset.
i bought illusion as a kid as I love her maternal older sibling.
the buck is purplerain lil sur blk sage. His dam is oak apple vivace la 89, and his sires dam is SG Blythmoor BZ Masala la90.

kids will likely be buckskin or possibly blk with 75% chance of blue eyes.(im hoping for more blue eyes this year, last year i didnt get very many...)
udder photo taken nov 26

feel free to take a guess which kidding date and how many kids. illusion's maternal sibling always kids four, her dam generally kids 3. but illusion is not very large sohoping for two

Attachments

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
her Ligaments where really soft when I left yesterday morning for 24 hrs. Today she is very poofy no lig, stretching all day, didn’t want to eat when I got home, but her left side looked full so she has been eating hay. Before I left she ate a few alfalfa pellets and I see her munching on hay now on the camera.
her udder is still small and I felt a body part against her side so maybe tonight or tomorrow ..

Attachments

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kidded a few hours ago. First one was upside down and huge buckling, second was more normal size doeling, still can’t get mom to stand for them to nurse and she doesn’t look to have milk. Gave both frozen colostrum and was hoping mom would change her mind. She does answer back sometimes when they cry and licks them a bit.

Attachments

· Registered
495 Posts
This past year we had two first time moms who would not feed their kids. They loved them, licked them, but didn't seem to understand you have to feed the kid. One came out of it when we held her a bit and let the kids nurse, the other one the kid got so weak we had to give colostrum but we didn't want bottle babies so we held her firmly as she struggled vigorously and the baby went up to nurse, we had to do that a few times but she figured it out finally. Maybe yours is like that? I hope.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts