The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Registered
Those are both nice looking bucks (in my admittedly novice opinion). I have no expertise, but something about the second one drew my eye more.

I can鈥檛 wait to see pics of the girls. Your goats are all so shiny and pretty.

I feel like I鈥檝e become a kinder peddler on FB. People will ask what kind of goat they should get and outline what they want, and I鈥檓 often saying, 鈥淵ou should look into kinders.鈥 And I don鈥檛 even have them.

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I feel like I鈥檝e become a kinder peddler on FB. People will ask what kind of goat they should get and outline what they want, and I鈥檓 often saying, 鈥淵ou should look into kinders.鈥 And I don鈥檛 even have them.
I really appreciate you doing that! Kinders need more attention!

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Are you focused mostly on dairy, or are you wanting to focus on meat, too? Because Phantom looks a lot heftier and more meaty to me, whereas Cullen seems to have that more streamlined dairy look.
I'm looking for both, so that is a good point. I too felt that Phantom was meatier.

Registered
Kinder Goats
I'm looking for both, so that is a good point. I too felt that Phantom was meatier.
That is another thing that I think Phantom is much nicer on. I think that kids from a Murphy x Cullen breeding would be good to see. If you could get a buckling from them with the Phantom/Murphy bulk on a Cullen frame you would have a great thing going!

Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Yes, she is. 馃槉
I think she is very much built like her momma and I LOVE her moonspots!! Do you know where the moonspots came from (Bella or Phantom)?

I remember you mentioning in another thread that you want to see a "meaty triangle" in Kinders, I can definitely one in Prim!!

Also, are you looking for critiques on your girls? I feel critiques can be a little rude when not asked for and I'm not sure if you are wanting people to critique your girls or not. 馃槉

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I think she is very much built like her momma and I LOVE her moonspots!! Do you know where the moonspots came from (Bella or Phantom)?

I remember you mentioning in another thread that you want to see a "meaty triangle" in Kinders, I can definitely one in Prim!!

Also, are you looking for critiques on your girls? I feel critiques can be a little rude when not asked for and I'm not sure if you are wanting people to critique your girls or not. 馃槉
I absolutely want you to critique them! That is why I took their pictures! 馃槃

I originally believed that the moonspots came from Phantom. He has a cream patch over the left side of his face, not visible in the pictures I took of him above. But, when doing some digging into my girls' pedigreed I found out that Bella's grand-dam had moonspots so they may have come from Bella after all. I can't get enough of the way Murph looks color wise. I think she is the most gorgeous colored goat I have ever seen.

And yes, kinders should be meaty triangles, so it's great to see that you see Prim's shape that way!

Registered
Kinder Goats
I absolutely want you to critique them! That is why I took their pictures! 馃槃

I originally believed that the moonspots came from Phantom. He has a cream patch over the left side of his face, not visible in the pictures I took of him above. But, when doing some digging into my girls' pedigreed I found out that Bella's grand-dam had moonspots so they may have come from Bella after all. I can't get enough of the way Murph looks color wise. I think she is the most gorgeous colored goat I have ever seen.

And yes, kinders should be meaty triangles, so it's great to see that you see Prim's shape that way!
I always have to think of my doe Serenity when I see Murphy. She doesn't have any moonspots but she has the frosted ears and red on the legs like your girl. And she has a huge basketball belly馃槀. The picture is right away in the morning so it's as flat as she gets. I wish I had a good picture of her pregnant with her quads!!
Working animal Plant Dog breed Cloud Sky

Registered
Interesting. Murphy really is stunning!!

Here's what I see..

Murphy:

Keep in mind that she could still change as she grows.

Pros:
Strong pasterns
Great width
Nice body length and depth
Front legs are decently placed under shoulders (could be a little farther back though)
Nice brisket extension (I've heard more can come with age)
Tight shoulders
Neck blends smoothly into shoulders
Rear leg angulation

Cons:
Short, steep rump
Weak chine
Roached loin
Legs/feet toe out

Bella:

Pros:
Great brisket extension
Tight shoulders
Front legs are place well under shoulders
Great rear leg angulation
Strong back pasterns
Straight legs/feet (they don't toe out)
Great body length, width, and depth

Cons:
Steep, steep rump
Weak front pasterns
Weak chine

Prim:

Pros:
Strong pasterns
Tight shoulders
Front legs are decently placed under shoulders
Okay brisket extension
Great body length, depth, and width

Cons:
Legs/feet toe out
Weak chine
Short, steep rump
Posty rear legs

Registered
Wow that width on Murphy! :love: She def got that from Phantom, but she got his topline too. I def think you should breed her to Cullen and if she has an improved buckling for you, keep him!
I agree!!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts