The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on about one acre so my space is very limited! I also have 11 children at home! That being said, all of our animals need to contribute! I am milking my first ND doe! She a first freshened. (2 months fresh) I get about 2 to 2.25 cups a day from her. I milk her 2x a day! Is this a good amount fora first time

·
Registered
868 Posts
Im curious as well... Do you have a pic of her udder? We have a Nigerian doe who will be a ff soon, our first small goat to kid! Then a Pygmy then a mini Saanen then more Nigerians. :) come on babies! Lol.

·
962 Posts
Is she a yearling FF? My 2 yr old FF gives over a quart per milking so 2 quarts daily while my yearling FF gives a little over 2 cups per milking, so about 4 cups in a day. So do you get about 1 cup per each time you milk her? If you do then I'd say it's a bit lower than expectable.

·
1,524 Posts
For me I look at body type-is the topline level? is she dairy? Udder attachments good? Feet and legs correct and strong? Does she have the correct characteristics for her breed? Is her production in the upper range for her breed? Is she a good mother? Is she worm resistant? Do I like her?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts