The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are first time breeders, went from not going to have kids to get ready your due anytime lol.

My girl who is due any day now has been bagging up for a week now (3 time kidding, 1st with us). She went from both teats being nice and even to now one of them is empty, just hanging around. We haven't seen it leaking or anything ourselves and have no other kids to nurse off her and none of the other goats will mess with her. I'm freaking out and wondering if I need to be or is everything OK and this happens sometimes?

I don't have pics of how she currently is bc she has isolated and laying down alot and I hate to mess with her while resting. Pic posted is when she first started bagging up a week ago
Terrestrial animal Working animal Snout Livestock Tail

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that whole side of the udder empty or is it just the teat? If it's that whole side of the udder, I'd be worried she was self-nursing. If that's the case, I'd tape both teats and see if that makes her fill again.
I cant fully tell on that one, but I will say I am watching her like a hawk on camera and have not seen her doing anything like that at all. I didn't attempt to shave her like some do due to nearly getting my head kicked off for trying to feel her utters 1 time. But from what we could tell it is just the teat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts