Dehlia-reg myotonic-pics - new pics pg 2 - KIDDED!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by kelebek, Feb 23, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well this girl has an unknown due date but could be anytime up to April 5th.

She is a black with white, blue eyed, polled registered myo - bred to a registered white and black blue eyed boy!!!! I am so excited.

well - I went out to feed tonight and noticed that Dehlia was acting a bit off. I bent down, took my glove off and put my hand out. Dehlia walked over and was nosing my hand - ok - this goat is TERRIFIED of people. I have to "scare" her to make it easier to catch her to feel around on her so that she can't move.

Then I walked behind her - she LETS me check her ligs - her tail head is mush and can kind of feel her ligs - but barely and she is stiffened. She loosens up, I go to touch her udder - which she usually RUNS and she opens her legs like she is going to nurse ---- feel her ligs again - they feel GONE! so I watch her.....

She is picking through food - but not like usual.

I am going to check her in a couple hours before bed - but I am so excited!

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Re: Dehlia - reg myotonic

Wow. :D Can't wait!! :stars: Babies soon!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I am hoping - to the others that raise myotonics - this is my first one kidding - have you noticed a difference in ligs when they are "tense" compared to not?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats real cool - hope it all goes smoothly

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

So funny how different some does can act when they're getting close to kidding. Keep us posted...sounds like it won't be to long!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

it is 9pm pst - I am going to get up at 1 to check on her. I just went to check and she was laying down, not eating any dinner, and in a corner by herself. So she is stalled by herself with alfalfa and water. She did munch on some alfalfa on was real talkative to me and wanted me to pet her instead of running off and I felt a baby flop around - so we are doing good. I am thinking probably tomorrow before I get home from work - but who knows for sure - I hate not having breed dates!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

No babies this morning at 6 am. She was laying quiety and didn't seem to eat much last night. Suprisingly, she didn't even get up and try to run when I walked in the stall. She layed there watching me. She let me rub all over her and love on her. Once I got a little grain, she finally got up. Ligs are completely gone - even when tensed, but udder is not "tight" but then again - I don't know what she normally does with kiddings - so she is staying in the stall today - tonight I will let her out for a bit to "see" everyone and then back in she goes!

I am at work all day today - so I won't have an update till about 7 pst tonight.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Not having a date sucks....but then again so does knowing when they should kid!

Hopefully she waits til you are home to deliver.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Ok - so no babies when i got home so I decided to shave her. I am glad that I did because she had some dried discharge that was irritating her skin s you will see in the pics.... oh and my clippers HATED her undercoat - so this is a functional clip - nothing special!!!

She only ate about half her grain (mind you they only get grain as a treat - so they are crazy about it) ligs I can't feel at all - even when she was tightened.

the pic where her legs are really apart - I did that so that I could get a clear pic of her teats to really watch them. So what do you all think????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Dehlia-reg myotonic-pics - can a myo breeder take a look??

I am not a fainter breeder but I personally would like to see a bigger udder on any doe about to kid but it could fill as she labors

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

To me it looks like she's got a ways to go. Can you feel babies kicking? Like they're real big? Her udder could definately fill the day she kids, i've had a couple does like that.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

when I was out at 2 am with my dog - don't ask - long story ------> I checked on Dehlia. She was doing well and so i let her go back with the herd. I did feel a baby kicking around in there but, I believe I only felt 1.

I thought that her udder needed to fill also a bit more - but wasn't sure - as I have never raised a 100% meat goat through kidding before and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Are her ligs completely gone? And you haven't seen any contractions? I'd be inclined to wash up and just check and see if her cervix is indeed dilated. I don't know if you can just bring a blood sample into your vet to check her calcium levels. If they have low calcium then they can't push, at least not well.

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I thought about "checking" her and I think I will be trying that tonight. I just sent an email to her previous owner - but I don't think that they watch them like I do. I know that they don't shave for sure..... so we will see what they have to say.

Yes, her ligs are completely mush and gone... tail head promonent .... I felt the kid at 2 am this morning moving around. Her vulva does not look extended and relaxed yet though .... so confused!

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

That her ligs have been gone so long does not sit well this me. Usually once mine loose their ligs they go within 12 hours.

Has she had her BoSe?
    You could also give her some CMPK.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

She has had BoSe - but I have never given the CMPK when not in labor - would you suggest giving it now not knowing when she is "due"?

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

CMPK gel doesnt cause labor but is calcium and other stuff to help her obsorb the calcium, but I am sure you know that already :thumb:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yah - I have the liquid and although I knew that it didn't help cause the labor - it did "help" when in labor....

is the liquid the same as the gel in most intents and purposes?

19. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

She looks to still be about 4-5 weeks out from the look of her udder. I have one doe that looses her ligs almost completely about 3 weeks before delivery. If she goes soon... I'd think those kids would be preterm.... do you have any side view body pictures? I know every doe is different but all of my myos get pretty large udders.... most myotonics can nurse up to quads without the kids needing supplemental feedings.... so the milk yield on a myo is normally very high. :)

Can't wait to see those kiddos! I bet they will be adorable!

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

perfect - that is exactly what I was looking for as I have never had any experience with them before!!

I will get some "current" photos of her this weekend - she is HUGE!