dehorning iron, kid box

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Victoria, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I am getting a burning iron for my nigerians..now I am thinking about the box. I can build one, and I have seen how-to's online before, I just want to make sure of the dimentions for my babies. If anyone has ideas or has ever made a kid box, I would love to hear about it!! Thanks a bunch! :greengrin:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Victoria, I am sorry, I have no idea about the box or anything that has to do with the dehorning. I do not do it.
    I will have to look where I say the sizes on line. I know I saw a how to and the desired size for different goats. I would think one was as good as the other but then again what do I know. :scratch: :shrug:

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i will measure mine.. its built for standards though... but if you put a towel in it will fit a nigerian kid well

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Okie, thanks! :greengrin:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I got the head piece for my box off of hoegger supply. But like someones elses mine is built for standard sized kids. But if i put a block of wood or towel in the bottem i can fit a mini. Another thing i did with mine, is i didnt hinge the lid onto it. this way i can put bigger kids in, often their heads are too big for the headpiece and i have to rest their heads on it the lid wont line up and is slightly further back.
    the building instructions come with the head piece.
    beth

6. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Beth,
    Oh cool! Okay, thanks!! I will look on Hoeggers for the head piece!!
    Thanks!