The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my mom loves making bath bombs with dehydrated (powdered) goats milk. She just ran out and I was wondering how, and if, I can make it at home with my raw milk. I have been selling goats milk for crafts at $2.50 a pint, but I feel that people would buy it more willingly in powder form.
We have an air fryer that can dehydrate too. So I’m wondering if I can use that or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
I'm watching you
22,546 Posts
Yes, put your fruit roll-up trays on your shelves. Carefully pour 1 cup of milk into each one.
Dehydrate at 135* for @ 12 hours.
Put the dried chunks into a blender and surge them into fine powder.

13 teaspoons of powder makes 1 cup of milk. Use a tablespoon or so of hot water to liquefy the powder, then add cold water.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“While any milk can be used for drying (skim milk, full fat, etc.), it should always be a pasteurized milk, due to the reduced bacteria content. So I wouldn’t suggest using raw milk”
I found this and was wondering if it was true. I don’t pasteurized milk normally.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, put your fruit roll-up trays on your shelves. Carefully pour 1 cup of milk into each one.
Dehydrate at 135* for @ 12 hours.
Put the dried chunks into a blender and surge them into fine powder.

13 teaspoons of powder makes 1 cup of milk. Use a tablespoon or so of hot water to liquefy the powder, then add cold water.
Hi thank you Ive been looking for the fruit roll up trays and I can’t find any that you are describing. Can you post a picture of one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.