Demi KIDDED!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by lesserweevil, Mar 10, 2010.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Woohoo! Here I am again!!! Demi is the last goat to kid this year on my farm. She may or may not be the last animal, as there are 2 more sheep valiantly hanging on in there...

Demi is a spoiled brat, she always has been. She has always been somewhat of a favourite, although I'll admit right now that her performance as a milker has been somewhat below the average. To say the least.

Anyway, she is due day 150 on March 18th. Yay! That makes her... day 138 or somesuch, right now. When I last saw her, about 5 days ago, she had just started buillding a teency weency udder. We shall see how that goes.

Anyway she is scanned with twins. Although it is not quite that simple. She is scanned with 2 live babies and a possibility of a third baby but the scan-man didn't think that it was alive. When she was scanned she was only around day 50 so the hope is that she re-absorbed the dead baby.

I will be back to see her on Monday and I will be sure to get lots of photos! Unfortunately I have to leave on the morning of the 19th until the morning of the 20th so I am hoping she doesn't choose that day to kid!

LW

2. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: Demi's Waiting Thread

I cant count, she's day 141/142

LW

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

:pray: for an easy delivery with you there! Oh and: :kidred: :kidred: :wahoo:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

hope it all goes well :) keep us posted :)

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Cool, it's Demi's thread! :thumb:

6. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

The Grand Finally! :wahoo: Hope it all goes well for you and your girl!

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

lol i think all goats named demi are automatically farm favorites and stinkers :p i hopes demi has pretty girls!!

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: Demi's Waiting Thread - mistake?

ok... well I'm beginning to think we were wrong about Demi's due date - or at least, about the breeding date my brother wrote down in his calendar! If she is due on the 18th, i just dont get why she still has formed hardly any udder at all (last year she was pretty big!) and hasn't loosened up at the back. I really need to work out when the scan-man came, as he said she was around 50 days when he did come... and see whether that figures out?
    LW

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

As far as she is concerned... I think there might have been a mistake.
    The scan man came on 17 December and scanned the 3 of them... he put Whisper & Harmony at approximately 80 days and Demi at around 50. Amazingly enough, Whisper & Harmony both kidded on 25 March - which made his 80 day approximation fairly accurate!
    Which would mean that Demi isn't due until around 27 March... which would give her udder more time to fill, etc. But would also mean that I am not here for her kidding! WAAHHH
    LW

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

awe im sorry -- but at least you know she will have time to fill that udder and be ready for the kids when they do come

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Awww, waiting is no fun, but a good udder and healthy babies are worth waiting for. She probably enjoys keeping you guessing. :wink:

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    So much for THAT! I go away for ONE SINGLE DAY thinking that she's not going to kid for another few days at least! Considering that she hardly had an udder at all when I left!!! AAARGH. Stupid goat.

Anyway, i am told that she has 1 girl and 1 boy, so that's ok. They don't know if she has any milk though so I have advised them to defrost Whisper's colostrum that I froze for eventualities such as these.

Ill be back to see her in... like. 3 hours?

LW

13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats on the new babies-and thankgoodness for extra frozen colostrom. We do that to-I think we even have some cow colostrom in the freezer still.

14. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Congratulations on the healthy babies. You do know that Demi "planned" this, right? :p

Hope her milk has come in when you get home. :pray:

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    yep she has plenty of milk - I'm not sure what they were on about when they said they didn't know if she had milk or not! TONS of milk, shouldnt be a problem. She has 1 massive teat though just like last year so that could prove interesting.

The kids are SO cute. I've named them Sugar and Spice. Sugar is the cream doe kid, and Spice is the brown buckling. My dad has taken photos, so hopefully he will load them to his computer soon so I can post some!!!

LW

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awesome! and glad Demi has milk to feed them :D

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats on the new additions.... can't wait to see the pics... :wink: :greengrin: