Demi off feed / de-lousing

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by lesserweevil, Apr 29, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Demi wouldn't eat her grain this morning. She just looked at me. I de-loused them with Butox Pour-On last night and she licked Java's back - would that put her off her grain?

It's sweeeeeeeeeeeet though cause the lice are dying!!! I was really upset yesterday when I found a louse on Java's back considering he is only a few days old. I phoned my new vet who said ivomec only kills sucking lice not biting lice (or is it the other way round) and he gave me the Butox for them

LW

2. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I wouldn't think that would be the problem...it's possible that it gave her an upset tummy, I guess.

She has a normal temp. so I would just keep an eye on her, maybe give her some nutridrench or something to stimulate her appetite. Skipping one meal is not a really big deal, but if it continues, I would call the vet.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, could definately be an upset tummy. Try to give her a bit of probiotics or yogurt

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I agree - but to do watch for milk fever but I expect after some probios or yogurt she will start to feel better. Even some pepto might be of some help.

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    she drank a box of warm molasses water which was nice. Licked at a few bran flakes and nibbled on a bit of molasses-doused grain... wont touch the other grain. or her hay.
    gave her 4cc pen/strep just in case of milk fever... will give her added calcium and some yoghurt when I next go out to the barn.
    LW
    PS anyone want some Reeeeally Cute Dead Lice? =]

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How is she doing?

no thanks ...LOL :ROFL:

8. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    My girlfriend and I were coaxing 2 mommas to nurse today. I had my head up against one momma and then my head felt creepy crawly. Cynthia swore she didn't see anything but regardless I shed my clothes in the garage and ran naked through the house to the shower with some medicated dog shampoo (hey...it was all I could find and it was in the garage)....I feel better now but think I need to spray down the girls with Marigold Spray. It's all natural and I don't want anything that would make the babies sick. They aren't itching anymore than usual and it is usually due to straw in their fleeces. The shearer is coming next Friday. I wished he could have come this weekend.