The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a goat screaming this morning--that panicky, full-on screaming when they are totally freaked out and trying to escape. The devil pictured below, born Feb.6, was chasing one of my smallest, heavily pregnant FFs. She couldn't escape because every time she'd try to crouch down and hide somewhere, he was all on her. With evil intent. I did not look to see if he was extending but he had everything else going on except stink. I managed to get her out of the pasture to a safe pen and tried to settle her down. About 30 minutes later, I heard another goat squalling. Sure enough, he was after the other pregnant FF. Luckily an older doe pasted him to the ground so Sparkle (the FF) got away. I dragged his obnoxious little ass out from where he was hiding and put him in goat jail. Now what? He's not weaned, as a matter of fact, he's been what we call a "Titty-baby", driving his momma to meanness constantly trying to nurse. He doesn't come in to the creep feeder and eat, just comes in with the others. He doesn't eat the creep feed, just comes in to raise hell and knock over pans. Ideas?

Vertebrate Plant Mesh Fence Mammal

·
Super Moderator
32,277 Posts
Awe..he has such a sweet little face. How can he be such a monster lol I half expected to see a big old beefy peed on face lol.

Last season I had a mini a saanen buck born. At 3 weeks old he was fully extending himself trying to pee on his face. He pestered the girls who responded with a gentle thrashing lol. By time he was 4 -5 weeks old we had to pen him up with a friend to help keep the peace. We brought mom in the pen 2 times a day to feed him. He did real well that way.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
We had a precocious youngster years ago that we named Napoleon because he was so tiny but also such a little pistol. He started humping everyone and extending by three weeks as well (unusual for an Alpine!). He was especially enamored with my young Nubian bottle bucklings who were 1-2 months older than him. He was too short to mount them so he would make a running start and leap onto their backs and then try to stay there by clinging to them with his front legs and pedaling his hind feet furiously in the air for balance. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The Nubian bucklings were very mild-mannered and put up with it a lot longer than I ever could have imagined, but eventually they did put him in his place. What a little fart!

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
We had a precocious youngster years ago that we named Napoleon because he was so tiny but also such a little pistol. He started humping everyone and extending by three weeks as well (unusual for an Alpine!). He was especially enamored with my young Nubian bottle bucklings who were 1-2 months older than him. He was too short to mount them so he would make a running start and leap onto their backs and then try to stay there by clinging to them with his front legs and pedaling his hind legs furiously in the air for balance. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The Nubian bucklings were very mild-mannered and put up with it a lot longer that I ever could have imagined, but eventually they did put him in his place. What a little fart!
Omg this is too funny!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,210 Posts
Loved reading about the Buck antics! I just toss.my bad boys in with Daddy.for a day. Of all the screaming and running...lol lol . It usually takes 1 day. They settle down. Then I apply the apron. All my does.just smile. And they dont run from him anymore. They.plow them down. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts