The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here do an all natural approach to parasites? I have been using a natural dewormer for a few days but my doe's eye lids are still pale.

Also, if you use chemical dewormer, cane tell me one that I don't have to throw off the milk for? I've used ivermectin and had to throw away the milk for 5 days--or that's what I was told.

what vaccinations should I be giving?

·
Rise and Shine Ranch
206 Posts
That's a lot of questions, let me see if I can get them all!

I recently purchased Molly's Worming Kit for my goats. I have wormed them as prescribed and have not really seen much of a difference. I think I will use it as much more of a preventative than an actual wormer.

Chemical wormers are much more effective. Although, you have to know which worms you want to get rid of. I would run a fecal and figure out what your doe has and treat specifically for that worm.

There are lots of vaccinations that people give, but the most common and perhaps most important is CD-T. It protects from overeating disease and tetanus. Usually kids are given it at about a month old, and again at about a month. The shots are not effective at shielding your goat from diseases until a few weeks after the second shot. Then you would want to give a booster each year from there on out.

Hope that helps. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts